Priceline Hotel: Vegas Help

Maverick
By Maverick,
in

I want to book 2 flights a room in the Bellagio for 4 nights for my parents. They are retired so they could basically go any time of year excluding Christmas. The time frame I was hoping for was june-sept of 2005. Anywhere in there. We live in Toronto, Ontario.

What would be the best way to go about doing this? Do we Hotwire/Priceline it in advance, book it on priceline or somewhere else as a package? I want to book it so its booked, so I don't want to go with the old backup routine. So if you could let me know what the cheapest way to book it would be I'd appreciate that.

Thanks a lot thereuare the advice for my New York trip worked great!!!

...Maverick

For your NY HOTEL did you end up at the Best Western? (please follow-up your post so that future users will know if that was your best option in the end, as well as add some 'closure' to the thread)

For Vegas for your parents...

The summer is a great time in Vegas from the aspect that rates are inexpensive, but it is hot!!!... just a warning to make sure that your parents can handle the heat.

Since rates are cheapest Sun-Thur i selected a random date in August and came up with the following:

8/7-8/11

Direct rates at the Bellagio is $800 for the 4 nites (not including taxes)

HOTWIRE has a package for $755/pp (including fees) but the problem there is that you can't select your flight times... you could end up with an late flight leaving Toronto and an early flight returning, essentially cutting your vacation short

The best deal i could find (and even cheaper than Hotwire) is by clicking the 'Vacation Packages' link HERE for 8/7-8/11 you can pay just over $1300 (total... just be sure to remove the 'items added for your convenience' during the check-out process) and you'll be able to know the flight times ahead of time (the second option in the list seemed like good flight times for spending the most time in Vegas, but the inbound has a stopover and the outbound is a red-eye... but there were quite a few choices to choose from if that doesn't work for them). I noticed the same deal available for 7/11-7/15 (chosen at random) so i think you can search for any dates that cover Sun-Thur and a few of the combinations would be quite similar at this early booking.

Using the $1300 (total) mentioned above, and the $800 for the Bellagio, you would have to be able to find flights for $250/each in order to beat the above package, and the best flights i saw were around $325 or so.

If you book this please use the link above in order to do so (and if you have any problems with it let us know).

Any questions, comments, or additional info needed please let us know. (also let us know what you ultimately end up booking).

PS- to directly answer one of your questions above, Priceline doesn't offer flights departing from Toronto and as you can see Hotwire offers less benefits (not knowing flight times) and is more expensive that the alternative

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If it were me I would not use PL or Hotwire to buy airline tickets for my parents or anyone else. Most of the time you don't save that much and it could end up wasting two days of their vacation because they might be on a red eye. The dates you are looking at are summer and room rates a cheap in Vegas as its very hot there. Send them during the week and hope for the Venetian @ $99 per night.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Toronto as well and I usually book my flights out of Buffalo. Southwest, JetBlue and Airtran all have pretty low fares from Buffalo-Las Vegas. I'm going in March and snatched a great deal from Delta out of Buffalo in March. I think a drive to Detriot is way too far to make the $30 less (in my case) worth it.

Last summer, I flew out of Toronto on America West and my fare was $214+tax US = totalling around $290 US i believe. It was pretty cheap! Unfortunately when I checked with them for my March get away, their fare was $420 + tax US.

-Christian

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]