Priceline Hotel: 3* New Orleans (Airport MSY) Crowne Plaza

cruwudu
By cruwudu,
in

I started bidding tonight but didn't win anything yet and thought I'd share with the board.

1. Bid 1 - $42 French Quarter 3.5* - Failed
  2. Bid 2 - $44 French Quarter + Garden District (rebid zone 1) - Failed
  3. Bid 3 - $46 French Quarter + Garden District + New Orleans East - Failed

I was trying to snag the Bourbon Orleans Hotel for $46 like someone else here did but no dice yet.

Anyone know if it's worth adding the Convention Center zone? Are those hotels still within walking distance?

Added another bid tonight.

$48 - 3.5* French Quarter (with several rebid zones) - no luck

It looks like people get the Chateau Bourbon mainly when bidding on 3* in the French Quarter. I guess I need to weigh the merit of staying in FQ in a 3* or possibly grabbing the Hilton Riverside or another 4* in Downtown-CC. On Trip Advisor the 3* hotels in the FQ get good reviews (especially Hotel St Marie and Prince Conti Hotel but those haven't been booked in a while).

Any thoughts? Recommendations on re-bids?

Yeah, it's not looking good. I went up to $65 on a 3* in the French Quarter with several rebid zones. No bites.

Any recommendations? I am going for the wedding plus just having fun in New Orleans. What is my next best option? I don't want to stay at the airport and have to take cabs back and forth.

No more luck anywhere else, so I booked at the airport using the links here. Anyone know what's going on this weekend? Must be something big. There were no hotels available anywhere near the FQ even going through the hotels' websites.

Started at $37 for a 3* in the airport. I used all of the FQ, Downtown, Convention Center zones as rebid zones since there was no chance at getting a hotel there anyway (not that I would have minded if I did get lucky and get one!).

Final bid: $46 at the Crowne Plaza. Reviews look good on Trip Advisor. Cabs fares will be steep but it looks like it's the only option at this point.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]