Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego(Del Mar-Rancho Santa Fe) Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach

bb92037
By bb92037,
in

I paid for a night at a 3 star hotel through Hotwire in "Del Mar - Rancho Santa Fe" and was given Holiday Inn Express in Solana Beach.

I live nearby, so I went by there yesterday and looked inside a room. It is not a 3 star hotel. It is a 2 star hotel with a few minor upgrades, like a TV and modern linens. At its core, it's a simple, basic motel. I've stayed at a 3* hotel in the area (purchased via Hotwire), and this hotel does not compare. Trip Advisor rates is 2.5 stars (TA doesn't show on Hotwire's webpage for this hotel). On Hotwire's "Star Ratings Guide", it gives examples of hotels to expect at every star rating level. For 2.5, they have Holiday Inn Express. For 3 stars, they have the regular Holiday Inn.

I called and wrote Hotwire and told them that hotel just isn't 3 stars. I told them their website is misleading when it tells you to expect Holiday Inn for 3 stars and Holiday Inn Express for 2.5 stars. I asked to let me upgrade to a 4 star hotel, and I'll pay for the difference. They said No. They explained that a hotel's location can affect its stars rating. I said there is NOTHING in their "Star Ratings Guide" that says that. They won't budge.

I will dispute this with my credit card company, and contact the BBB. Do you have any advice?

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

We're sorry to hear that you don't like the hotel. But please start with posting the price, dates for your stay and the amenities for the hotel. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

We're sorry to hear that you don't like the hotel. But please start with posting the price, dates for your stay and the amenities for the hotel. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Price: $69 + tax & fees

Dates: 11/10-11

Amenities: Fitness Center, Pool, High-speed Internet Access

This hotel is given 2.5 stars by Hotels.com, Expedia.com, and TripAdvisor.com. Plus, like I wrote, I checked it out in person. I called and wrote Hotwire many times and they won't budge. I'm going to dispute the charge through my credit card.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]