Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Universal-SeaWorld) Rosen Plaza

PPPP
By PPPP,
in

Hi all,

I have been reading through the forum. Great site! I have never used Priceline before but would like to try. I need 2 rooms for 3-4 nights the first week of December in the Orlando Universal area. I'm thinking of doing 3*.

How much am I looking to pay?

Thanks!

Take a look at the Calendar of Wins just above. Select Florida - Priceline. And then maybe a range of dates from Dec 1 - 10. There are several Orlando bids shown. You can see what other bidders have received. Rates are very date specific, but this will help get your thinking started.

Then take a look at what Hotwire has to offer for your dates. While Hotwire is sometimes a little more generous in it's star rating (maybe 1/2 *), this also will give you some more information as to what you might need to pay.

If you want specific bidding advice, the pros here will want your exact dates, and your max budget. I'm just a member, but thought I'd get you started a little.

Romelle

Take a look at the Calendar of Wins just above. Select Florida - Priceline. And then maybe a range of dates from Dec 1 - 10. There are several Orlando bids shown. You can see what other bidders have received. Rates are very date specific, but this will help get your thinking started.

Then take a look at what Hotwire has to offer for your dates. While Hotwire is sometimes a little more generous in it's star rating (maybe 1/2 *), this also will give you some more information as to what you might need to pay.

If you want specific bidding advice, the pros here will want your exact dates, and your max budget. I'm just a member, but thought I'd get you started a little.

Romelle

Thanks for the tip! I didn't even see that Calendar link :)

I would check the reported Priceline hotel list for the Universal/Seaworld zone and make sure you are comfortable with all of the hotels listed at the 3* level; your win will likely come from that list, but it is not a definite as a previously unreported hotel is also a possibility or the star rating of hotel that was previously reported as other than a 3* may move into that category; price is difficult to say as it will depend on what hotel(s) have made rooms available to Priceline dates for your dates - I would guess in the $ 30 to $ 45 range; also, not sure how close to Universal zone you want to be - but the Priceline zone also includes hotels in the Convention Center and SeaWorld areas (which is still close to Universal - approximately 10 to 15 minute drive, depending on traffic); Hotwire has a smaller zone that just includes the Universal area, but you would not likely get as good of a price on Hotwire as Priceline.

I would check the reported Priceline hotel list for the Universal/Seaworld zone and make sure you are comfortable with all of the hotels listed at the 3* level; your win will likely come from that list, but it is not a definite as a previously unreported hotel is also a possibility or the star rating of hotel that was previously reported as other than a 3* may move into that category; price is difficult to say as it will depend on what hotel(s) have made rooms available to Priceline dates for your dates - I would guess in the $ 30 to $ 45 range; also, not sure how close to Universal zone you want to be - but the Priceline zone also includes hotels in the Convention Center and SeaWorld areas (which is still close to Universal - approximately 10 to 15 minute drive, depending on traffic); Hotwire has a smaller zone that just includes the Universal area, but you would not likely get as good of a price on Hotwire as Priceline.

Thanks for the tips!

How about in Miami, South Beach area? What's the price range on hotels there?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]