Priceline Hotel: 4* Bangkok (Riverside - Silom) Holiday Inn

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

Well.. one more try.. one more bad luck.... (was more or less aiming at the Tawana Ramada or maybe some place in Siam Square)... but it happened what had to happen...:

-------------

Congratulations, you got your price of SG$63 for a hotel room in Bangkok, and we've upgraded your hotel quality level to a 4-star hotel. You selected 3-star as your hotel quality level and we found a 4-star hotel willing to accept your price.

Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok

981 Silom Road

Bangkok, 10500

Thailand

662-238-4300

Check-In date: 27 January 2005

Check-Out date: 28 January 2005

Your Offer Price: SG$63 (~38 US$)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: SG$63

Taxes: SG$11.15

Processing Fee: SG$16.50 (per offer)

Total Lodging Charges: SG$90.65

Started with 40 SG$, increased by 5$, etc... last time added Siam Square and increased by only 3SG$.

.. will probably drop this stay .. will see :)

Too bad we couldn't donate unused nites to charities or 'do good' organizations (first idea that comes to mind is donating to a nearby hospital to give to an out of town family member visting someone in the hospital).

I would really have to hate a place to eat a reservation... i would sooner take the money saved, do something fun in the area (nice dinner, a few good drinks or a nice bottle of wine, catch a movie or show, etc) and just use the hotel as a bed for the nite.

Hope you make the best of it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wondering what you didn't like about the hotel, assuming you have had a past stay there. The trip advisor reviews seemed positive, althrough they were talking about the executive level.

I will be making a trip to asia this summer, so I'd appreciate your feedback.

(I can relate to some very bad Holiday Inn stays however)

Tell us Chris, You could not be visiting BKK for just 1 nite, or perhaps as you said in the past you book you book hotel stay first, then your air?Were you just testing the water to so see if you got lucky with the Ramada,( I did have a look at it, in person, and as you said it was OK for the $$ paid. Not 5* but was good value from your last post and wonderful pictures.BTW Thanks for All the digital Photos you have posted, as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.

@headtrip: check the hotel reviews section for my HI review. Well, it's ok (at Executive level), but it's not great, and I am tired of staying there.

@southbay: yeah, just a try-out. I was just checking out, planning to go back to Thailand in end-January, but quite flexible in dates. So I think I will book some hotel conventionally there, will see (will travel mostly around non-PL-Thailand).

Believe me, I have done the same in the past when prices where lower in BKK 5* properties. Nowadays it is risky unless you fell like shelling out 75++ a night. With terrible devastaion that just occured, you might get a good price in PHUKET or even BKK, but I would wait a few days ,weeks for the consolidators to perhaps lower prices.Anyway thanks fot alll the info Chris and a Happy New Year too all on this Great board..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]