4* NYC (Midtown East) Grand Hyatt New York

doknek
By doknek,
in

We are going to NYC from Dec31-Jan05 2009. Its me and my spouse.

Prices on Dec31 are usually high, so I started to bid for Jan3-4 (1 night) and got a room at MTE Hyatt for $130. Now thru their extend the stay feature, I cannot extend the say: "We were unable to fulfill your request for additional nights at the Grand Hyatt New York." I do not get an option to change the price too. So, I started new bids. Here are my questions:

* Can I bid separately for individual dates?

* Can I create account for my spouse and then bid on that account for remaining dates?

Yes, you can bid separately for individual dates, but you do have to pay the Priceline fees for each separate bid.

If you look at the individual night rates on the retail side of Priceline, you can get an idea as to whether it will be necessary to split your bid further. Yes, Dec 31 is really high. The rates for Jan 1 and 2 look similar for some hotels, so you may be able to combine them. Jan 2 is a bit lower than Jan 1 on other hotels, so it is your decision there. If you want a specific bidding strategy, post in the New York Priceline area and ask for help there. Be sure and give your budget, the star level you'd like, and which New York areas on which you would like to bid.

There are several NYC areas that don't have 4* hotels so you could use those as free rebids and get more bids each session. Search here on "free rebids" if you are not familiar with the concept.

Regarding creating an account for your spouse and using that to continue bidding - while I'm sure it happens, technically it is against the rules of Priceline.

Romelle

PS - you actually got an excellent deal for the one night, as the Priceline retail side has it at $299.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]