Priceline Hotel: Resort Puerto Rico (San Juan) InterContinental

Phantom
By Phantom,
in

I bid in mid November for a hotel in San Juan for 12/15-12/21. I was shooting for $100-125 for the Caribe Hilton but willing to pay up to $150 for any of the resorts. I was interested in Resorts only, and was willing to add or drop a day in order to make multiple bids. After bidding 4 times ($100, $110, 120, 140) over several days, I finally decided to make a final try at $150. My final bid came through at $150 for the Intercontinental. The hotel website had a rate of $148, but did not include taxes (which are 20% in San Juan).

Well, today is our last day at the hotel. It's been a great stay, sunny and warm. As most have noted, service in San Juan hotels is mediocre to poor. Most service people are rude (yes, I am Puertorican and ashamed to say this). Service is just not in our DNA. :)

We were hassled by the front desk and the pool staff at different times, and the service at the pool and beach was mediocre. Nonetheless, we didn't let the service get in our way and enjoyed our time tremendously. Thanks to the people on this site for helping us get a good price for our stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and experiences with the board.

I think i 'forewarn' people more than most about the service level in San Juan. I haven't yet had a problem there (i'm fairly easy-going to please), but i know many are often disappointed in the service levels. This is compounded by the problem that PR is not an inexpensive hotel market. People expect more when they pay more... and they just come up short here.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]