Priceline Hotel: 3* Eugene Hilton

embien
By embien,
in

I got the Eugene Hilton for $38 (plus $11.52 tax for a total of $49.52) for Christmas night 12/25/04.

We had previously stayed at this hotel at Thanksgiving and I paid $50 plus tax, so it was helpful to read this board and put in a lower bid. Since the bid was accepted on the first try, I assume I may have overbid even at $38 (regular room rate for this room is $99 plus tax AARP rate at hilton.com) and next time I will try a lower amount, go for a 2 1/2 star hotel, or both.

As I believe I mentioned in a previous post, the Hilton has exorbitant phone rates (use a calling card to avoid these, but watch out for calls over 60 minutes long as a per minute charge kicks in at that point). And of course the $9.95 per day for Internet access is annoying.

Embien - Banks, OR

Thanks for sharing your win.

I think most are annoyed at the phone charges at hotels... and often 'phone cards' aren't the answer as many now charge to call 800 numbers :) . I also believe this has led many away from this tier of hotel and pushed many toward the 2.5* level market... as many of these properties, although less opulent, offer many perks such as free internet, evening cocktail receptions, free local calling, and breakfast.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

For the record, here are the phone charges for the Eugene Hilton (3*). I assume these charges are typical for hotels of this class.

• Wireless Internet Access: $9.95 per day
  • Local calls: 50-cents per call, + 10-cents per minute after 60 minutes (to prevent you from using dial-up Internet, presumably)
  • Long Distance: AT&T Daytime Operator Assist Rate + 40% (over $6.00 per minute, I think)
  • Long Distance International: AT&T Daytime Operator Assist Rate + 50%
  • Directory Assistance: $2.00
  • Toll-free calls (calling card or 800 numbers): no charge under 60 minutes; 10-cents per minute after 60 minutes

Embien - Banks, OR

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]