Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Crowne Plaza

Nunu
By Nunu,
in

Very happy with this win! for our 1 day getaway from Las Vegas on our upcoming Christmas trip.

Your Offer Price: $41.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $41.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$13.01

Total Charges: $54.01

Best rate on Hotel website was $109 plus taxes.

That 3-star LAX zone is the biggest crapshoot in priceline. You really don't know what you'll get -- I think I've seen about a dozen hotels pop up. Fortunately, I haven't really heard of a bad hotel in the zone, so I guess it's a safe roll of the dice.

BTW, anybody know how priceline selects your hotel if two properties bid the same dollar amount? For example, I got the Embassy Suites North LAX for $41 that week. Do they just alternate?

Now that PL does not offer a 4* (westin) does anyone know if all the 3* hotels that can be won in the LAX area have a airport van? Could you wind up paying for transportation to any of the 3*s?

I am going to need a room in March after a return flight from Hawaii and don"t want to have to pay for a cab.

Thanks thereuare, I started off at $41 as I was happy with that amount and had tried a different zone (I think Torrance) at $48 and was rejected. Any money that I saved on this or through Vegas winnings will be long gone when my wife and daughter hit the malls in LA on Dec. 26! Ouch!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Now that PL does not offer a 4* (westin) does anyone know if all the 3* hotels that can be won in the LAX area have a airport van? Could you wind up paying for transportation to any of the 3*s?

I suppose it's POSSIBLE to have a 3 star LAX hotel without a van, but I think it extremely improbable, and do not know of such a property (every once in a while you hear an horror story about remote priceline airport hotels -- like in Paris -- but these stories are extremely unusual). Frankly, it would be impossible for such a hotel to compete in the market. So I think you can bid the 40-some-odd bucks with reasonable confidence!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]