Hotwire Hotel: 01-15-10 to 01-18-10 Mag Mile Streeterville

geo
By geo,
in

Just got back from Chicago two weeks ago and already planning another trip thanks to Southwest Air. Special they are running $25 one way so for the two of us round trip with all taxes and fees its $142.40, can't pass it up. So I did a search to see what Hotwire had and it's a lot less than what we spent a couple weeks ago at the Swiss. Once again if you could please help with what these hotels may be I'd greatly appreciate it. Searched 1/15/10 to 1/18/10 2 adults. Typically we just search the Mag Mile but included North Mich this time as we will be without kids.

4* Mag Mile-Streeterville $69.... Westin River North??? Hard Rock???

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Net

4* North Mich Watertower Gold Coast $76

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Net

4.5* Mag Mile $108

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Internet

Spa

3* Mag Mile $59

Business Center

Internet

3.5* North Mich $79... Hotel Indigo ???

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Golf

Tennis

Spa

3* North Mich $73

Boutique

Non Smoking

Restaurant

Trip Advisor 3.5 out of 5

4.5* North Mich $149... Conrad Hilton??? Inter-Continental ???

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Trip Advisor 4.5/5

2.5* Mag Mile $92

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Trip Advisor 3.5/5

Are you seriously considering a 2.5* in the Mag Mile at $92 when there is a 4* in this zone for $69?? Is the $149 hotel within your budget for this stay? (and does it make sense with the substantially cheaper 4* hotels offered for this date?)

Please trim your list to the hotels you're actually considering and use the Hotwire Hotel List to identify and choose your top pick(s)... we wil then confirm what you believe your seeing.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry that was just a list of all avail for the dates in the area that came up. C'mon I would never consider the 2.5* at $92 :) I know it's about impossible to figure out what that 4* is for $69 as many hotels have same amenities and there is no trip advisor info on it. Guess that would be choice #1 though. Just afraid it might end up being the Sheraton, not a big fan of it but it's a nice hotel. I would narrow it down to this order of preference:

4* Mag Mile-Streeterville $69.

3* Mag Mile for $59 with Business, and High Speed Net, no trip advisor. This one just came up and wasn't there earlier

4.5* Mag Mile $108

3.5* North Mich $79 but not sure if I would like the boutique, depends on the hotel.

I think the $149 is out of my range for this particular weekend, when I think I can get something pretty close to it for half the price. Two weeks ago it would have been a steal!

I've got a 15% off Hotels.com coupon as well. Was considering the Wyndham for $99 less 15%.

Thanks,

Geo

Sorry that was just a list of all avail for the dates in the area that came up. C'mon I would never consider the 2.5* at $92 :)
So why ask us to take the time to identify it? :)

Please least each of the property and the amenities associated with it (so the information is all in one place in the same post)

Have you tried to identify these using the Hotwire Hotel List. Are you using the requested HOTWIRE link to begin your search?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases and searches.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I did try identifying these hence the suggested names next to the ones I had a hunch on. I have booked several rooms using the link provided here and will continue to do so. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth with all the hotels... here is my list.

4* Mag Mile-Streeterville $69.... Westin River North??? Hard Rock???

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Net

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Net

3* Mag Mile for $59 Inn Of Chicago??

Business

High Speed Net

4.5* Mag Mile $108

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Internet

Spa

3.5* North Mich $79... Hotel Indigo ???

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Golf

Tennis

Spa

My best guess(es) for each are listed next to the zone name.

4* Mag Mile-Streeterville $69 (Hyatt and Sheraton and Westin River North and Hard Rock and Swissotel) matches all of these

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Net

4* North Mich Watertower Gold Coast (Allerton, Drake, Millenium Knickerbocker, and Westin)

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Net

3* Mag Mile for $59 (not yet identified but best guess is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass... if you're interested in this property i can suggest a way to increase the odds of getting the Cass)

Business

High Speed Net

4.5* Mag Mile $108 (James Hotel)

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Internet

Spa

3.5* North Mich $79 (Hotel Indigo)

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Golf

Tennis

Spa

Thank you for the info. Perhaps I'll wait a bit and see if anyone else posts a win this particular weekend for the 4* at $69. I think my first choice now is the $76 North Michigan area hotel, possibly the Allerton, Drake, Millenium Knickerbocker, or Westin. I want to try and avoid the Sheraton and the Swiss. Just stayed at Swiss and lots of nickle-dime there ($15 per day for use of the pool and fitness for example) but it was a very nice hotel and enjoyed the stay, see my review in this forum. The North Michigan hotels also may be better situated for us as we'll be taking the L-Train in from Midway Airport and tend to hand out down at that end anyway, plus it will likely be a slushy mess in mid-January. Do you have a Hotels.com link in case I decide on the Wyndham at $84? Thanks again. George in Cleveland

Just for kicks I added 2 kids to my trip and the same priced hotels came up but added a couple extra amenities.

4* Mag Mile $69 had Fitness, Restaurant, Business and Internet. I added 2 kids and it put Non-Smoking and Pool into the amenities.

4* North Mich GoldCoast $74 had Fitness, Restaurant, Business and Internet. I added 2 kids and it put a Pool and Spa into the amenities.

I'm hoping this will narrow down these two because each of these could have been one of 4 different hotels. I'm thinking maybe now the $69 is the Swissotel. Could the $74 be the W Hotel Lakeshore?

Thoughts?

George

I'd put my guesses that the $69 property is the Sheraton and the $74 property the W Lakeshore.

However, i'll note that if you're trying to target either of these hotels, you should purchase as 2adults/2chidlren as they coudl potentially be different hotels offered then when searching for 2adults/0children.

I'm not finding a promo code box on your Hotels.com link. I have a coupon code for 15% off. I'm considering the Wyndham at Hotels.com for $99 less 15% promo for a total 3 night stay of $295.35 with all taxes and fees compared to the link you provided which totaled $350.22 (a $54.87 difference). If I do the Hotwire my chances are pretty good I'd get either the W Hotel on Lakeshore or the Sheraton like you mentioned but I'd like to be a little closer to Michigan and Ontario for this trip especially in Mid-January. Do you have a link that I can enter my 15% coupon code in case I go this route? My budget is $70-$100 per night, The Allerton is our other choice using Hotels.com, location wise it's ideal and a little less than the Wyndham $94 less 15% but I think I'd like the atmosphere of the wyndham better over the botique. Seems I can get the hotel I want for roughly the same price with my 15% hotels promo code compared to using hotwire this time around. Perhaps the sites are aggressive right now for travel in January. Once again thanks for the help on this.

George

The Wyndham is a very nice hotel, but if you do take that deal, please do watch your bill and do not check-out via the TV - go down to the desk. I had a billing error at that property that was more than a hassle to fix, and their customer service was poor (and I was told it's a franchise, so when I tried to complain to corporate, they did nothing.) I've stayed there since and really do like the rest of the property very much (really nice rooms, public areas; quite clean, quiet, etc), but their CS is iffy and I still can't believe such an obvious billing error took nearly 2 weeks (and some effort on my part) to fix.

I'm not a fan of the Sheraton, and while I like the W Lakeshore, I can understand not wanting to stay there in the middle of January.

Use this one: Hotels .com

Thanks.

This link will not accept my one time use coupon code. My coupon code contains a colon : and it says that only numbers, letters or hyphens are allowed. I did confirm that the coupon code works when I enter it on the regular Hotels.com site. I am looking at booking The Avenue for a total 3 night stay of $284.16 ($82 per night). It offers complimentary internet, great location, has a nice pub in the lobby and most importantly is that I can cancel the reservation up to 24 hours before I check in with no penalty. So if something better comes up on Hotwire in the coming months I can book it and cancel The Ave.

George

Not sure why the link won't accept the code, but I will note that the Swissotel on the river is $79, plus an extra 10% off on <a href="http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=GFBeectgAps&offerid=59109.10000039&type=3&subid=0" target="_blank">Orbitz</a> - the total would be $249 w/code.

Link: <a href="http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=GFBeectgAps&offerid=59109.10000039&type=3&subid=0" target="_blank">Orbitz</a>.com

Tried several more times to enter my code which was BOR:AH3DE and it wouldn't take on the link provided saying it only accepted letters, numbers or hyphens. So I ended up booking it on the normal Hotels.com site. Promo code is a one time use coupon so it will not work anymore. Staying at The Avenue Hotel Chicago for $82 per night for a King Deluxe room with the free wireless which saves me an additional $10 per day and I can cancel 24 hours prior to check in if something better comes along. Thanks for the Swiss link, great price, just stayed there 2 weeks ago, but don't want to stay that far away from where we normally hang out in Chicago with it being mid January.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]