Priceline Hotel: 5* Vegas (Strip Central) Trump

emmajelly
By emmajelly,
in

Hi guys

I'm looking for a few 5* hotel in Las Vegas for some Christmas fun, will be trying to get a deal through Priceline!

I want to be as close to the strip as possible, so I'm assuming I'll be choosing the north of strip and south of strip locations.

I actually will be needing 3 rooms:

• 1 for the 18th to the 26th December, 2009
  • 2 for the 17th to the 26th December, 2009

I would assume the same bidding strategy will apply to all? It doesn't matter if the winning rooms are not in the same hotels, but ideally would like the set of 2 to be in the same location.

Probably willing to pay up to $90 per night (is this too low?) I see someone got $90 per night, for dates close to my time.

I've been reading all the threads on your forums about re-bids and possible hotels, everything looks fine there, and I don't mind what hotels we get.

What should I start bidding at, and should I use any sort of different strategy in booking the 3 rooms? E.g. I'll be booking the single one on its own, but for the other 2 rooms on the same dates, should I aim for 2 separate transactions, or just choose 2 rooms in the bidding process there?

I hope I have provided enough info for you guys. Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

(And I'll be sure to update this thread if I have success)

Welcome to the site. :)

What appears to be the Trump (which is a 5* possibility when bidding for North Strip on PRICELINE) is showing for $82 on HOTWIRE for 12/18-26. Given that, I'd say a reasonable starting bid this far out for a 5* in the North Strip zone would be $70. While you could try $65, I have to imagine there's a floor under the $65-70 neighborhood for this property.

In terms of the rooms, I think you could bid separately for 1 room for 12/17-26/2 for 12/18-26, but I also think one other good idea might be to bid for 3 rooms for 12/18-26, then try for 1 room at the same or different hotel for 12/17. At least if the triple room bid was accepted, you'd all be at the same property for the 18th-26th (although the occupants of the one room may have to change hotels after the first night.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great price on the hotel that you were hoping for.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the rate paid per nite and the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks! Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]