Priceline Hotel: Jersey City bidding help 10/30-11/1

underdunk
By underdunk,
in

I know I'm cutting it close here but this is a last minute weekend trip. I'd like to get a 3* or 4* (or 3.5* I guess, but I'm not sure what hotels fall into that category) for Jersey City.

I've already been rejected up to $95 for 4*. At 3.5* and 3* I've been rejected up to $86 and $84, respectively. I have used all my re-bid zones for today but will get my friend to continue bidding, or try again tomorrow.

Basically I want a decent place to stay that's 15-20 min. to Manhattan by train which is walkable from the hotel. I find that all the 3* and 4* properties in Jersey City meet these requirements, and so does Hilton Newark Penn Station but I don't want to chance the other hotels in its zone (on PL or HW).

Any help is appreciated!

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

This is Marathon weekend and hotel rates are expensive (although a little less than previous years where most hotels were already sold-out)... i'm guessing you're looking at ~$110-$140 for a 4* hotel in Jersey City.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm guessing that is not likely going to be realistic for a 4* hotel in the Jersey City waterfront area. These hotels have usually been going for more than $100 during 'normal' demand dates, and given Marathon weekend, it's not a high probability expectation, imo. The lower rated hotels don't seem to participate with PRICELINE as much as the 4* hotels, so success at those star levels is really "hit or miss".

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]