Priceline Hotel: Planning to get a 4* in Jersey City tonight

BigDanny
By BigDanny,
in

First off all let me say that this is an awesome board :o Hope that I can get a nice Priceline deal for myself (with your help :))

I did some extensive reading on Priceline and the rebidding process, but I want to make sure that I got everything right.

Target Zone: Jersey City 4* rating

My dates: 12/25/2009-01/01/2010

2 rooms, 4 adults

I understand that there are three 4**** hotels at the moment in Jersey City: The Westin, The W Hoboken and the Hyatt Regancy. Any of these would work for me :)

Am I correct that Jersey City is the only 4* area on Priceline and that I can use the other 6 zones as immediate rebid zones?

So my rebid strategy would be:

Target zone: A

AB

ABC

ABCD

ABCDE

ABCDEF

If I still don't have it I would close the browser and start new with:

AC

ACD

Would be nice if I could get some feedback before I start bidding :D

And, yes, of course I will use your PRICELINE link :)

So my rebid strategy would be:

Target zone: A

AB

ABC

ABCD

ABCDE

ABCDEF

If I still don't have it I would close the browser and start new with:

AC

ACD

Actually, you're close, but the above won't work.

Each bid has to be unique and not a subset of a previous bid. So once you got to "AC" above it would be rejected as a duplicate since it's a subset of your "ABC" bid previously.

If you truly wanted to maximize your bidding your permutations would look something like this, closing the browser between each bid:

A

AB

AC

AD

AE

AF

ABC

ABD

ABE

ABF

ACD

ACE

ACF

etc, etc, etc

What is your maximum bid for this stay? You may also be able to save some money by SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, but not sure if you're willing to change hotels during your stay.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thx for the feedback!!

Thanks for pointing that out :)

No Splitting the bid ain't an option because I'm traveling with girlfriend and parents. Also it's our first time in the USA and NYC and it should be as smooth and convenient as possible.

I think my max bid would be $135 per night,room. Otherwise I would get the 4* Jersey-Hoboken Hotel on Hotwire. (Is it the Hyatt or Westin? My guess is the Westin)

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Hoboken-Jersey City...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Hoboken-Jersey City and re-bid zone6...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $135

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare, thank you very much for your help and advice, but unfortuneatly it didn't went that well yesterday. :)

I started at $80 and went up to $149 with still no win, closing the bowser after every bid. I also didn't had any counter offers, which gives me the impression that there are no rooms for my dates.

I ended up paying 1800 EUR via ebookers.de for the Westin, which is $2700 and basically the same price you would get on Hotwire.

I'm a bit dissapointed that it didn't work out for me, but i will try again with some Hotels in California next year.

But perhaps you have some insider tipps for good restaurants in Jersey-City or Hoboken :)

Sorry it didin't work out for you, but as an FYI, if you were willing to split bid you'd save about $500 (which would be pretty good compensation to change hotels on the last nite). I think of it as having booked a hotel for the complete stay, and on the last nite the hotel offers you $500 cash if you'll move to a hotel down the block for for the last nite... most would take that deal. As well, you'd likely be staying at the W Hoboken for the bulk of your stay, which is the newest hotel in the area, as well as the best location (again, imo)

Something to consider if you other purchase is refundable.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]