Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE - Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency

armens
By armens,
in

Original bid of $75 rejected. Priceline would offer a room if I added $22 to the offer. Rejected it. Since I checked off only a 4* property, I got a free retry by adding a 3* zone. Raised my bid to $78. Accepted! Total came out to $95.88 including taxes.

Expedia is listing a nightly rate of $255 for that night. MacWorld Expo is in town at the Moscone convention center that week, so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board.

You may already know this, but i want to clarify as you didn't really use re-bidding as the way the rest of us do (and the way you did it is a bit risky).

ReBidding is explained in more detail here: PRICELINE 72 HOURS, but in short it involves adding a zone that only contains star levels that are lower than the one you are bidding... you didn't add a zone but rather lowered your star rating.

This is risky since, in your examples, let's say that the 'right' bid for a 4* hote in this zone was $79.... you would have missed it by $1 and <likely> have been awarded a 3* hotel at too high a bid. This concept is explained in more detail here: If You Lower Your Star Rating... Lower Your Price.

Since you got a 4* hotel it didn't make a difference in your experience, but just want to make sure you understood so that you don't have any unwanted surprises for future bids. If you have any questions or would like clarification of any of the above feel free to ask.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]