Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (CBD) Le Pavillon Hotel

TJewel
By TJewel,
in

Thereuare,

This is the information you requested. Precruise stay of 2 days October 28th-30th, 2005. We would prefer the FQ 4* hotel. While checking rates I discovered prices $200+ or no availability showing. Calling the hotels directly didn't yield better prices either. If it became necessary we would drop our star rating to 3*. Prices on Hotwire is over $200 for 4* FQ and $170+ for 3*. My backup hotel which I can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival is the Drury Inn and Suites (CBD) for $149. Usually I start bidding as soon as my plans are firm, but looking at these rates I think availability on Priceline is going to be a issue. Congratulations on the new Priceliner in the family.

I was talking to my best friend about our trip to New Orleans and told her about our postcruise hotel win on Priceline at the Omni and the lack of bidding luck for the Precruise FQ stay. She then informed me that staying in the FQ was not a necessity (especially with it being around Halloween) and to give either CBD or CC zones a try. I decided to do so lowball bidding in the CBD. I checked the rates for all the 4* hotels and they all showed no availability except for the Intercontinental which had a prepaid rate of $225. So I assumed that Priceline would have no availability or rates beyond what we are willing to pay. So I decided my maximum would be $70 for a 4* hotel in CBD. I started at $50 and going up in $5 increment until I reached my maximum. When I made my final bid this is what came up:

Congratulations, you got your price of $70 for a 4-star hotel room.

See your complete hotel itinerary and receipt for your trip below. Be sure to print out a copy of this page for your records and have it with you at check-in.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed one night at this hotel one year ago. It was a luxury boutique hotel. The people at the hotel were so kind and the interior and the exterior were fabulous. The bathroom was gorgeous. You can use free high speed Internet and the hotel privides free milk and cookies(not sure) around 11pm. I arrived at 1pm but I could check in without any problem. One negative side was parking. It's a bit expensive ($22 valet but not sure). I heard that there was cheaper parking two or three blocks away but I used the hotel parking for my convenience. I hope you enjoy the hotel and New Orleans.

JTravel, thank you for the information about this hotel. Your review reinforces what tripadvisor.com reports. Parking is not a issue since we won't be using a car. We are actually thinking about using Priceline's add a nite feature to include 10/27/2005 since we received such a good price :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]