Priceline Hotel: Help - NYC, Dec 31 to Jan 6

jlin2
By jlin2,
in

Please suggest a strategy for bidding on priceline for this stay. Prefer Midtown East or Midtown West, 4 stars. From reading this forum I understand the price on New Year's Eve will be very high, but hope our long stay will bring the average down. What would be a reasonable price per night? A bidding strategy would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help! J

I think you'll have to be willing to SPLIT THIS STAY in order to have a chance. Read that thread which explains how Priceline does not average your price and your bid needs to be high enough to win each nite independently of the others.

What do you expect the average nite to cost... if we're not on the same page i'd like to at last make sure we're reading the same book. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure that $300 will be enough for a 4* on 12/31 and the only option i see within that range is staying at the Jersey City Hyatt (which has NYC PATH transportation at the doorstep) for the low/mid $200's. If the JC Hyatt is a realistic option let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for that in this thread.

I'm assuming that you realize that splitting your bid will likely result in your needing to change hotels during your stay. If this is acceptable and you want to try Priceline up to this amount anyway, this is the strategy i would try the following, which also includes UM/CPS in addition to MTE and MTW which you mentioned:

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read this post: PRICEINE REBIDDING and feel free to ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* MTE and...

Bid $250, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $260, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $270, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $285, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $300.

I wouldn't book the remaining nites of your stay (which i'm not as concerned about... i think you can get a 4* hotel within your price range) until you confirm or have a back-up for 12/31.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]