Priceline Hotel: 3* Northern Virginia (Airport Dulles IAD) Sheraton

Desirees
By Desirees,
in

3* Sheraton Reston ($45), IAD, 1/16-1/17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheraton Reston

Priceline quality level: 3*

Priceline zone: Dulles Airport (IAD)

Dulles Airport (IAD)

11810 Sunrise Valley Drive

Reston, Virginia 20191

703-620-9000

Check-In Date: Sunday, January 16, 2005

Check-Out Date: Monday, January 17, 2005

Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Travel Insurance : 5

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $12.11

Total Charges: $62.11

I had initially started out with choosing just Dulles and bid $40 and was rejected. Knowing that Sterling does not have a 3* property based on a previous poster I chose it and Dulles the second time and upped my bid to $45, and it got accepted. The hotel website has the lowest rate during that time as $119.

D.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your win with the rest of the board.

Hopefully you know how to check re-bids on your own, as you really shouldn't rely on old posts (or our hotel lists) to determine re-bid zones. Hotels are added/removed/upgraded/downgraded all the time and what may have been a re-bid in the past may no longer be so today.

For anyone following along that is unsure about re-bidding, the following is from PRICELINE REBIDDING EXPLAINED and is the proper way to check re-bid zones:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Enjoy your stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

oops...I actually did not, completely relied on another posted...I am so glad you pointed that out. Well, I guess I got lucky, I would have been quite unhappy with a 2 star one.

Anyway, thanks, and also I would like to mention how much a pleasure posting in this board...and the moderator (s) help make it so. :)

D.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]