LA Lafayette Hilton

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

This hotel has been here forever (I stayed there in the 80s, and it wasn't new then) and is sometimes described as "tired," but my room was very nicely appointed. They obviously have been spending money on renovations now. The hotel is going for as little as $30/night on priceline, and it is a steal at that price -- especially if, like me, you present your HiltonHonors card and get free lounge access for continental breakfast and evening snacks. There are a lot of nice b&bs in town (I'd recommend TFrere's), but I can't justify paying more than 3X as much to stay in a b&b when the Hilton will pamper you for 30 bucks!

• 6 years later...

I just stayed there last week 10-2-11 through 10-8-11 and was VERY pleased with the property. The rooms were nice and well appointed, the TV was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I was working around the clock so I never had a chance to check out gym or pool but my coworker said they looked top notch. There is a fairly upscale restaurant on site but I never did try it out.

This may be pickey but the mattresses did not seem as comfortable as Marriott's. Not bad at all mind you, but not quit Marriott. The pillows however were awesome!

This may be an older property but it is very well maintained or recently remodeled. Next time I'm in the hell hole known as Lafayette I'll be looking to stay at the Hilton.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]