Priceline Hotel: 4 adults at 4* Boston

bluesboys@aol.com
By [email protected],
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Priceline only books standard rooms... you won't be able to guarantee bedding configuration, let alone a suite.

You can try booking the wyndham HERE to see the price of the suite configuration and then determine how much you're willing to bid for two rooms.

If you'd like help finding the best deal on two rooms please provide the date(s) of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are looking for 4* for one night( 4 people), Jan 6. Could either be Boston or Cambridge. If I try to bid for MIT Cambridge, is there opportunity to bid for two rooms at once and then call and ask for adjoining? Is the MIT Hotel the only 4 star in Cambridge or do I look for certain area or amenities? Thanks from someone who obviously doesn't know how to do this!!

When you bid you can choose two rooms from the drop-down list. Once accepted you can call the hotel and ask for adjoining rooms, but it is just a request and subject to availability... some hotels are better than others at how far they will plan ahead in order to accomodate you.

The Hotel @ MIT is the only 4* reported in that zone and hotel lists should never be considered absoluate and complete... hotels can be (and are) added/removed/upgraded/downgraded at any time. (somebody had to the be the first to report a new hotel or a change in rating... it could be you :) )

With Priceline you only bid for a certain area and star rating, Hotwire is the service that uses amenities and enables you to try to match amenities.

If you're able to move forward with the 2 room/adjoining situation, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy to follow. Of course if you have additional questions you should continue to feel free to ask them.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This sounds like an ideal candidate for a Hotwire DD opportunity. Posters who have win a room on PL and then found the same hotel/dates on HW for more have successfully invoked the Double the Difference guarantee. Not sure what your comfort/knowledge level of using such a strategy might be, but it could save you significant $$. If your interest is piqued, do a search using "double difference" to familiarize yourself with this tactic.

When searching on the board be sure to change the default time period on the lower right corner, as they default is only the last 30 days.

With a family i don't know if i would attempt a double the difference of Priceline vs. Hotwire as there is a risk of getting different hotels. The potential savings would have to be very great for me to try it... although i'm sure there are others that would try it for just a little savings... we all have to work within our own comfort levels. :)

Of course if you want to pursue this route we'll be happy to help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]