Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Renaissance Stanford Court

sandman325
By sandman325,
in

Hi.

Looking for recommendation on the best 4* in San Francisco - USW or USE for the following dates:

1/2/05 - 1/5/05

I am flexible on either location, but would like to hear a recommendation on a bid strategy for these dates. I have seen the hotels in the past messages that show up, but was curious if anyone has any new experience with this timeframe.

Thanks,

.......Sandman_325 :)

My max bid would be $85.

I have researched the published rates and see as low as $100 at the St.Francis Westin to as high as $189 for the Hyatt Regency for 4*'s in these areas. Is one of these hotels hands above the others? My obvious goal is to pay as low as possible as it appears that this is far from a peak time to be in San Fran.

Thanks

.........Sandman325

You have 5 re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in this area. If you're not familiar with re-biddnig please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions you may have. You may also want to cofirm your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure.

This is how i would proceed:

Select 4* USW and USE...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85.

Any questions feel free to ask.

With the Westin's rate being so much lower than the Hyatt i would suspect that property would be the more likely scenario... although one never knows for certain.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My first experience w/ priceline & betterbidding.com were great! I won a 4* hotel in San Francisco (Union Station West area). The details of the process and winning bid are below:

Selected 4* USW and USE

Bid $60, was rejected

(added another 3* area)

Bid $65, was rejected

(added another 3* area)

Bid $70, was accepted

Hotel: Renaissance Stanford Court >> 4* USW area, great location on top of Nob Hill!

Check-In Date: Sun, Jan 2, 2005

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Wed, Jan 5, 2005

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $70.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $210.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $36.88

Total Charges: $246.88

Thanks for the help! :) :) :o

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you were successful and very pleased with the results! Looks like you did better than half off the hotel's website rate which is really great.

Bidding was the easy part... keeping your mouth shut as your friends get tired of hearing about your amazing deals is the tough part! :)

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]