MIA car rental

rmunson1
By rmunson1,
in

What on earth is going on? I have been to dozens of sites (well, at least 10) and have never witnessed pricing this horrible. I am trying for March 1 - March 6 of 2010. Hotwire is quoting daily rates of $56.95 for Economy and $67.95 for full sized (when I launched it from something that I don't recall - when I go straight there it is 'only' $42.95 per day for Economy). And that is without the taxes!!!! There must be a catch. When I try for dates I don't want (like the day after tomorrow) the Economy drops to $30.20, but that still seems impossibly high. Does anyone have any ideas? All I want is a cheap Economy car. And I need the weekly rate (had been expecting $130 or so), because I pick up earlier on 3/1 (land at 0430) than I drop off (1100) on 3/6.

Expedia $366.88

Hotwire $350.68

Argus $262.89

CarRentals $329.30

Orbitz $229.60

Travelocity $229.60

Priceline $229.60

There is a large (15K attendees) dermatology conference taking place during your stay and that could be at least one factor effecting the high rates you're seeing.

With time on your side why not reserver the PRICELINE rental as a back-up and continue searching PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in the months to come?

Please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your searches and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is a large (15K attendees) dermatology conference taking place during your stay and that could be at least one factor effecting the high rates you're seeing.

With time on your side why not reserver the PRICELINE rental as a back-up and continue searching PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in the months to come?

Please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your searches and purchases.

OK, thanks, will try that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]