From Washington DC to Auckland New Zealand

Hokie16
By Hokie16,
in

Hello, everyone!

I am new to the board and to priceline. I am not 100 % sure how priceline works so I am hoping for some advice! Here is what I am looking for:

Depart from Washington DC on December 18th,2009

Return from Auckland on January 7th,2010

My dates and travel time are somewhat flexible. I can leave a day or two later in each direction if necessary. Most of the flights Ive found have been around 2000. The person I am going to visit told me he found a flight for about 700 on air pacific, but I havent been able to get the website to work!I was planning on bidding 500 on priceline.

How does this work? I put in my credit card info and they try to negotiate a deal close to what Ive entered? And then if they cant find a flight for the price theyve guarenteed (600 was what I got after entering 500, although I tried putting in 200 just to see and got 300 back...which leads me to believe that they just quote you 100 more than what you enter??) they wont charge you? How likely is it that I will win a bid for around 600 in this case? I am a poor graduate student. :)

Thanks so much for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]