Priceline Hotel: REJECTED: Little Rock 2.5* @ $61 and 3* @ $71

HarryK
By HarryK,
in

I know this isn't a winning bid, but I figured I'd post my info anyway just for everybody else's benefit.

As I said in a Hotwire post, I don't know what the heck is going on with Little Rock, but for a town that is NOT a huge tourist spot, they sure charge a lot for their hotels there.

I tried multiple times over the last couple weeks to get a Dec 16th (a THURSDAY night) room in Little Rock. There are only TWO areas of town that even offer 2.5* or 3* hotels at all (all the other areas of town top out a 2*) and they don't seem to be readily available for a reasonable price.

Perhaps there's a huge convention or some other reason that there are no decently priced rooms, but considering I'm spending the weekend at a 4* hotel in Austin TX for $48-night, there's no way I'm going to pay more than $70 for a Thursday night at a 3* in freakin' Little Rock.

I even called a Holiday Inn Express on the highway OUTSIDE of LittleRock and they wanted almost $90/night for a double-occupancy room. Whatever.

I'd love to see some success stories from this town to see if Priceline has more than 1 or 2 hotels available there at all and find out where they are, but I guess there's a reason there are so few Arkansas posts on this board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]