Hotwire Hotel: 2* Des Moines (Northwest-Urbandale) Days Inn Merle Hay

adb2792
By adb2792,
in

HOTWIRE was great to work with. They tried to work with the hotel for me.

When that wasn't possible they offered very fair compensation. I can't recommend the hotel. They would only provide a room with one queen bed with no pullout or rollaway for my reservation for 1 adult and 2 children. The hotel had rooms available to sleep three as evidenced by them offering me a room with 2 queen beds for an additional $20. The hotel was dated, soft spots in the floors, extremely chipped up toilet seat, etc. They listed a breakfast, wireless, and pool. The smell of chlorine was very strong from the pool and the water had a distinct green tint - I didn't get in. The breakfast was slightly below typical free continental. They did have a waffle maker. They had a couple loaves of bread. A jar of peanut butter (no individual packets) and some butter and jelly packets. They Had a small cereal dispenser with fruit loops and raisin bran and a tray of breakfast pastries. I didn't try the wireless. I'll avoid a two star with breakfast, wireless, and pool in Urbandale from now on.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]