Priceline Hotel: 4* Palm Springs Hyatt Regency Suites

xgeunc
By xgeunc,
in

Looking to stay in Palm Springs for 2 nights, 12/27 and 12/28

Seems most 4* and resorts are pretty pricy. Interested in the Indian Wells Resort, which is 3* on priceline and 3.5* on hotwire. Hotwire is showing $90 and Expedia shows $78

What should I bid on Priceline? Any suggestion for the other hotels, I don't mind to stay in one of the higher level resort if it is just a little extra.

Probably will take about $80 for a resort in the Rancho Mirage/Indian Wells/Palm Desert zone. You could probably pick up a 3* there or Palm Springs for $45-50, but judging from reviews it appears that generally there is an unusually sharp difference in quality between the two star levels.

I would start with Resort and work my way down:

Select Resort and Rancho Mirage...

Bid $80, if rejected add Palm Springs and...

Bid $85.

If rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Palm Springs...

Bid $65, if rejected add Rancho Mirage and...

Bid $70.

If rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* and Rancho Mirage...

Bid $55, if rejected add Palm Springs and...

Bid $60.

Not that if all the above fail the 2.5* COURTYARD by MARRIOTT is available directly thru their website for $99 and therefore may be availble for your dates for less than your above bid amounts (if you get desperate and fail with the above).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. After reading another member's review for Indian Wells, I deicded to skip the 3* and get either a 4* or Resort.

My bid of $80 and $85 were rejected for resort.

My first bid of $65 of 4* was accepted. I got Hyatt Suites at $65 for two nights 12/27 and 12/28

Thanks for your help, and I did remember to use savingsbarn :)

Joshua,

Why not consider SPLITTING YOUR BID... bidding 12/27-12/29 and then if successful trying a bit higher for the last nite (or booking conventionally or thru some other means). Given this win just a day ago i would think that you have a decent chance at success bidding for this sub-set of your dates.

You can bid this immediately since it is for a different set of dates than your previously rejected bids (the 72 hour rule does not apply since it's not for the same exact dates as your prior bids).

If you choose to do this please start a new thread for your bidding success/failure.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]