Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter-Convention Center) Hotel Indigo

utahgirl
By utahgirl,
in

Need help identifying two hotels in San Diego:

Dates: 11/19-11/22

The first is 4.5 star hotel in Gaslamp quarter. Has swimming pool, fitness center, restaurant and business center. Rate: $129.00. I assume Hilton?

The second is 4 star hotel in Gaslamp quarter. Has a fitness center (but no pool), restaurant, and business center. The hotel is non-smoking, so I imagine it's a Marriott Hotel.

I need to be close to the convention center (am traveling for business).

Thanks in advance for your help; I'll be sure to link to HOTWIRE from here.

The Hilton was last reported to the board as a 4* property, so unless it has been downgraded, i don't that is the property you're seeing at the 4.5* level. Best guess is the Se San Diego, but the Ivy is a possibility as well (doesn't match the TA rating shown by HOTWIRE, but the current rating may be lower than HOTWIRE's last update due to some recent reviews)

In regards to the 4* the Marriott has previously also been seen with a Hi-Speed Internet icon... is that showing on your current search for that property?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello and thanks! The listing did, indeed, have a hi-speed internet icon. I booked the $109.00 property; it turned out to be the Hotel Indigo. The hotel is apparently brand new, and I really wanted to be guaranteed a non-smoking room. Although I just found out that the Indigo has "advance purchase" options for less than $100. Maybe I didn't get such a great deal. Perhaps I should have gone with the 4.5 star hotel.

So--Hotwire 4 star Hotel Indigo $109.00/night from 11/19-11/22.

I booked the Indigo Hotel (booking date=10/8/09) for $109.00 a night. Hotwire listed the following amenities:

fitness center

restaurant

smoke-free

hi-speed internet access

Should have checked better (it's my fault I forgot to check the CA listings; it's been too long since I've been on the board), because it looks like my deal wasn't so great after all. Indigo offers advance purchase for those dates for $92.30.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

So to confirm, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities associated with the 4* hotel that you purchase, which you can still view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

I'm currently seeing a 4* offered for your dates with: Smoke Free, Fitness, Restaurant, Internet... so not sure if there is a Business icon associated with the Indigo or not (or perhaps this property is using multiple amenity icons, so please list what is currently shown in the MY ACCOUNT link in your HOTWIRE profile)

HOTWIRE does offer a "Double the Difference" guarantee so i would contact them as soon as possible (must be done within 24 hours of booking) and make a claim. Lowest rate at the Hotle Indigo website is $92.33 if your claim is honored you should be entitled to ~$50 refund. Let us know how it goes.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

EDIT to ADD: sorry, just saw your other post which i've merged with this thread... i see the amenities confirmed above. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]