Priceline Hotel: Bargain hunters outside the US

sleepinonthestreet
By sleepinonthestreet,
in

Hi Joe,

I'm also not an US resident as you might see - but it works fine for me, even bidding on hotels

in Europe, in my case in my hometown. Funny.

On the adress screen I used '99999' as zip code together with the state CA. Don't know if the

city is important then, but I used San Francisco.

Anyway, PRICELINE is only interested in your credit card number and nothing else :)

I'm looking to stay in Boston from 17th october to the 24th, thats 7 nights, Saturday to Saturday.

Most other bidding results posted on here seem to be for 1 - 3 nights, maybe this is hampering my luck.

I'm trying to get in the #5 Copley Square - Theatre district or #9 Quincy Market - Faneuil Hall areas. Now up to $156 and adding the other districts #6 and #8 without 3* hotels.

Joe

One way to check the possibility of a bid is to see how Hotwire is pricing your dates. Then start a little lower, 10 to 15% maybe.

Romelle

I looked a little at your dates using Expedia. While there is not a clean pattern, that first night often seems higher than the others. Then the last few nights are sometimes lower. If you are coming in from overseas, would staying at a Boston Airport hotel for the first night work? The airport hotels in Boston tend to be a lot lower, and you might be able to get the other 6 nights with a slightly lower bid by splitting things up.

Did you take a look at the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (just above, center of screen). Maybe some other bidders have reported results for your dates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]