Priceline Hotel: Barbados 3.5 or 4 star hotel Dec 12th - Dec 14th

cdn_travel_guy
By cdn_travel_guy,
in

I'm looking at Priceline for a 4* hotel for Dec 12th in Barbados, I might be willing to go to a 3.5* but would prefer a 4* as I have no idea of the quality of 3.5* hotels offered.

Do we have any wins for a 4* hotel in Barbados?

I have bid a bunch of times and am up to $182 and don't want to go much higher. Pricline has countered on many of my bids, the lowest was at $165 they said bid $25 more. Too late now to take that one. However, if it is the Hilton I have found a lower price on west indies online and don't have to bid because my $182 is now higher than another websites advertised price. I would bid higher if I was 100% sure that if it was the Hilton priceline would honour the price guarantee of another website but for some reason I'm sure they would find some loop hole to deny the difference.

Any help would be appeciated.

What is the amount of the lower price you have found for the Hilton?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

The lowest I have found is $429.98 total for the 2 nights. It breaks down as:

$191.48 per night

$33.51 taxes per night

-$20 because they have a "save20" promo code that they advertise on their website for anyone to use if you go over $350 total.

--------

$429.98 ($449.98 without the promo code)

My last Priceline offer that was rejected was:

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$182.00

Subtotal: US$364.00

Taxes and Services Fees: US$75.56

Total Charges: US$439.56

The site I found that has the $429.98 price is www.wiol.com and seems to be based out of France. I doubt it would be a problem to book with them but I have always had such good luck with Priceline. Going straight through Hilton they have it for $209 + 37.58 for a total 2 nights of $458.60 for a Bayview room. The wiol one is actually for the more expensive Ocean view room.

It is not much more expensive using PRICELINE but I guess I'm so used to getting great deals using Priceline this would be the first time it is more expensive to use PRICELINE :)

Since you have some time, this is what i would do...

Book a refundable room at the Hilton via the Hilton Barbados website. Then make a claim against Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee. If success they'll match the lower rate (not sure if they'll matech the $20 off or not since it is a coupon code but they may since it's avaialble to everyone and doesn't require membership in a specific group) and give you a $50 credit (so even if they don't count the $20 coupon you'll still be $30 ahead by booking direct)

If your claim is not successful, cancel the reservation without penalty (since above you booked a fully refundable reservation)

Please use our link to the Hilton Barbados website to begin your reservation.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the Hilton Best Rate Guarantee and as far as I can see they should honour the price difference, and as long as I book a refundable room I'm covered if they decide to find a reason not to match the rate. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

As far as the PRICELINE bidding goes is it fair to assume that the 4* in Barbados includes the Hilton? Whenever I try and bid the median price has changed from any where between $293 - $428 which is far higher than the Hilton rates, maybe the Crane resort is being included in those figures? Hopefully someone can get a win and let us all know.

Just to give you an update. Hilton would not honour their best rate guarantee policy based on the following.

"The reservation booked on the wiol.com website is a Full pre-payment at time of booking whereas the reservation booked by Hilton is not therefore, as stated in our terms in conditions; your reservation is not eligible for the Our Best Rates Guaranteed."

Although the above is true I would be willing to book a non-refundable Full pre-payment booking with Hilton if I knew they wouldn't find a different reason to deny the claim.

Anyway, this unfortunately leaves me back to no room and wondering if I should take a chance and book through the wiol.com website. Has anyone booked through them? I don't see too much info on them but it seems legit and doubt I would have any problems.

The alternative is to go back to Priceline and start throwing in bids again. I have reached my maximum amount and have been rejected so I would be surprised if they suddenly accept my lower bids. And unfortunately Hotwire doesn't have a 4* hotel for the dates I want. Oh well, still have some time to figure out what the best option is :)

Just to give you an update. Hilton would not honour their best rate guarantee policy based on the following.

"The reservation booked on the wiol.com website is a Full pre-payment at time of booking whereas the reservation booked by Hilton is not therefore, as stated in our terms in conditions; your reservation is not eligible for the Our Best Rates Guaranteed."

Although the above is true I would be willing to book a non-refundable Full pre-payment booking with Hilton if I knew they wouldn't find a different reason to deny the claim.

I would reply to their email, pointing out that the Hilton's non-refundable rate is still higher than the other site's, and if they would change your reservation and honor the claim.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would reply to their email, pointing out that the Hilton's non-refundable rate is still higher than the other site's, and if they would change your reservation and honor the claim.

I did reply to the email and mentioned that I would be willing to cancel my current booking and book a non-refundable room, we will see what they say. I don't expect much from them after talking to someone else in customer service. It just seemed like they were looking for excuses as to why they can't honour the lower rate.

Since the lower rate is non-refundable i do understand their denial of your claim, but it will be interesting at this point to see what happens given that you're willing to change your hotel direct reservation to a non-cancellable one, which is still more than the third party website.

Please keep us udpated, but i suppose we're on hold for the moment until you hear back.

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]