Priceline Hotel: type of room that I end up with

beowulfkid
By beowulfkid,
in

Hello Friends & Moderators - Thanks for running such a great forum. This is really useful. I read few basic guidelines for bidding process in priceline as I am new to Priceline bidding.

One question that I have is: "Is there a way to make sure the resort/hotel gives us an ocean view room" during the bidding process? I am almost sure the answer is no..but, what has been the experience of this forum members when it comes to the quality of the room they expected and what they have? I understand that priceline has to give you at least a 4* if you had selected a 4* but, what about the view when I really want to make sure I get an ocean view on this trip we are about to take ?

Any direction or experience shared will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to the site.

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations are not eligible for upgrades. While one can try and work that out with the hotel (it may require an upgrade fee), the hotel could say no altogether.

If you would like assistance with bidding, please provide dates of travel and budget per night.

Additionally, FABSAVE10 or REVIEW10 are coupon codes that should work for 10% off most properties on Orbitz.com.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Orbitz.com links.

Here is what I am trying to do... We will be in Maui for one week (11/28 to 12/05). I tried booking vacation package (hotel+air+convertible car) for the whole week but the total costs are exceeding my budge in sheraton maui.

I am now planning to book a hotel for 3 nights by bidding (~ $80/day in a 4* star hotel) and enjoy the rest of the vacation (booked as vacation package) in Maui Sheraton or Westin. One other question I have is what is the difference between a 4* star hotel and a resort in priceline bidding?

Can you help?

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]