Car service from Newark Airport to Manhattan

bobbimitz
By bobbimitz,
in

• 4 weeks later...

Official EWR to Manhattan rates for this trip would cost $45 + tolls (and an additional $5 during rush hour) so if $43 is an equivalent rate to the $45 (apples-to-apples) i would think it's a very good rate.

I've never used the above company, but they're pretty large and advertise a lot in the 'penny saver' type publications.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Hi, Although I landed in NY at JFK, I took a car service from Midtown South (Sheraton Russell) on April 9, 2005 to Newark for $44 plus toll and tip, which seemed a pretty good deal for 3 people. I used a car service at 1-212-777-7777. I'm not sure the name of the service (it might be Carmel), but they were on time (arrived just before our 5 a.m. pickup time), the car was big and comfortable, and the driving was pretty good.

• 1 month later...

on my recent trip to New York I though I'd try their car services instead of Taxis, coz u cant call cabs in advanced like here in Toronto, anyways. I tried Carmel, Dial 7 /Tel Aviv, Crown.

It couldnt possibly be bad luck coz all of then sucked big time. One tip. NEVER NEVER book online using a credit card with these people, they will screw up your credit card big time. And they do not tell you stuff online, like they only accept credit card booking above $35 bucks, if you think its ok if you have mutiple booking, it doesnt make a diff. So they will go ahead n say authorise $70 per transaction you do (they do this manually by the way) so say if u have 10 trips of under $20 bucks each they will stiil go ahead n authorise $70 blindly and so now $700 on your credit card is "gone" for the moment, then they will call you and tell you that you cannot use your card, how smart is that. So anyways I say stay far far far away from these black car services. Unless you pay PREMIUM prices for those hourly car services like those recommended by hotel concerige in a good hotel, I suggest to stay away, you would only feel cheated after, by the lousy drivers and lousy cars. One note the dispatchers for ALL the companies I have dealt with are REALLY dense and REALLY rude. So save yourself the grief and take a cab, unless you want to pay premium dollars, even then I shiver at the thought of what I could be in for.

• 3 weeks later...

For one or two people with small bags, the train and subway will be as quick or quicker than a taxi or shuttle into many parts of Manhattan from the Newark Airport.

The subway pass does not work on the airtrain, but the train ticket (which you get BEFORE entering the airtrain) does. You can go from the airport to Penn. Station NYC on the NJ Transit (and the trains run frequently), or for a smaller fee go to Penn Station Newark and transfer to the Path train (I haven't done the transfer--just read about it). From Penn Station, express subway trains go to Times Square (first stop) and then to 72nd or 73rd on the UWS.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]