Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

cabara
By cabara,
in

I never would have dreamed of bidding this low without having read this wonderful web site. I did my bidding in late November and got Dec. 22-24 at $37 a night at the Hyatt Regency. I was trying for Dec. 22-28 but couldn't get any configuration of bids to work for that. I picked up the remaining nights on Hotwire for $61 a night.

One question: Will the Hyatt make me change rooms when I make the switch from the Priceline reservation to the Hotwire reservation? Not a big deal, just curious.

You'll be happy here... a great property.

Let them know when you check-in that you have a second reservation to continue your stay. You won't have to change rooms, but you may (likely) have to go to the front desk sometime on 'switch' day and have them officially check you out and then back in.

In case you haven't seen it, i also recommend the nearby BAJA RESTAURANT where i have arranged for board members to get 10% off of their bill when staying at a Jersey City hotel (details in the above link)

You also may want to pay Hoboken a visit and some drinking and eating places are in this thread: HOBOKEN.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

The Hyatt Regency is really a lovely hotel. When we checked in the desk clerk said, "You got a very good rate!" We replied, "We were very pleased." We were given a room with two double beds.

The parking situation is valet parking with no in/out privileges at $15 a day. If you want in/out privileges, then it is $31 a day.

The hotel's restaurant is a fine-dining establishment with excellent views of the Manhattan skyline. For those who don't want the full three-course treatment, food is available in the bar. Choices like calamari, potato skins, chicken wings, pizza and quite excellent hamburgers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]