Priceline Hotel: Pittsburgh - downtown Oct 17-19 request

jamdavie
By jamdavie,
in

Does anyone know a good rate to start out at on priceline for Downtown Pittsburgh (check in Saturday Oct 17 check out Monday Oct 19). There are Pens and Steelers games going on in the city. Not to picky as to * rating as I see there is only 3* and greater in downtown.

Thanks in advance and nice site!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Did you want to try for a higher rated hotel first up to your limit, then if rejected lower the star rating and try for a lower rated hotel up to your limit, and so-on... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would check the Hotwire rates - that may give an indication of what type of demand there is for hotel rooms that weekend for making a starting bid on Priceline. The Penguin game should not have big effect on hotel rooms other than the visting team & personnel traveling with the team. The Steeler game probably will. Is there any other areas you can stay other than Downtown? Oakland may be an alternative for you even if you do not have a car. There is public transportation by bus from Oakland to Downtown, and it is a relatively short distance away.

It's possible that no hotels in this zone has made inventory available to HOTWIRE (and possibly PRICELINE)... hotels use the opaque providers to sell inventory that they otherwise don't think they will be able to sell themselves. If these are busy dates (sporting events in down, big event at one of the local colleges, etc) and hotels feel they can sell all their rooms on their own (at full price) then there is little 'excess' inventory to give away at deeply discount prices. As the dates get nearer if hotels aren't selling as many rooms on their own as they anticipated, they may then begin to release discounted inventory (but no guarantee that this will happen... it's entirely possible that hotels begin to sell-out too)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at least 3 larger hotel websites directly and they are sold out. Oakland lists a 3 start for $174 which isn't too far away (too far to walk) and I am sure public trans with these events is going to be a mess.

Maybe a suburb with a rental car would be cheaper.

I am not too sure your going to get a "deal" on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE on these days. I did try 2 different Hotwire selections, 1 for each day. There is a 4 star downtown on Saturday night for $149and a 4 star downtown on Sunday night for $334.

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]