Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Cleveland (Downtown) Marriott Key Center

jber
By jber,
in

Based on forum posts, I think I can do better on Priceline than the $75 3.5* available on Hotwire. But I'm a first-time bidder and a bit unsure. I want to be downtown, for a quick trip to R&R Hall of Fame. If I bid for a 3.5* on Priceline, will I be informed if I am being offered a 4* instead? A previous post referenced an offer from Intercontinental, which is further away than I want to be.

I thought of offering $45 for a 3.5* downtown to start. Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks

The star rating you select is the minimum that you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE will always attempt to upgrade you if possible... so you're not given the option if you want to accept an upgrade or not. While HOTWIRE may cost a little more than PRICELINE, it also gives you the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may likely receive (and therefore a guess as to its location within the zone)... as well, PRICELINE and HOTWIRE each use different zone boundaries, so one may work better/worse for you in that regard as well.

If you want to give PRICELINE a try (given that you may be upgraded), let us know know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, thanks - much clearer.

I see 7 re-bid zones (where there are no 3.5*), not 6 - but I get the idea.

I see only 3 3.5* in Priceline's list for downtown Cleveland, so I'm thinking the process should be pretty straightforward as to what I might get.

Will check in when I have a result.

J.

Well, I did it!

As you suggested, bid $40: rejected; added zone, bid $45: rejected; added zone, bid $50: rejected; added zone, bid $53: accepted.

Marriott Cleveland Downtown at Key Center. A couple of Tripadvisor reviews mentioned the homeless in the neighborhood - but hey, it's a city.

Many thanks for all the help, and I'll gear up for my Chicago reservation next.

J

• 5 weeks later...

Update to our stay: Marriot was great. We arrived at 3:30 PM just as (sad)Browns and (happy)Packers fans were streaming up from the stadium, so no room with a King bed was available yet. We said no problem, left our bags, went for a walk, returned after an hour and were rewarded with an upper-floor room with a fabulous view of the lake and Rock Hall of Fame. Good central location for Warehouse District, subway, Rock Hall, 4th street dining. Thanks for bidding help here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]