Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Courtyard Downtown

roaming_jane
By roaming_jane,
in

Hello My Fellow Bidders, I am looking for Friday, Sat, and Sunday night (10/24-10/26) in Boston near the Copley/Theatre district. The rack rates are super high- like in the $190 range. Gotta do a little regular research to get the juices flowing.

Cautious but undeterred, I went to priceline using the links on this page and then based on the info of a previous poster decided to start with 3* and $68 thinking that if I got the Radisson too, that'd be cool beans (boston baked).

Flat out REJECTED.

I remember learning on this site that if I didn't mind changing hotels, I might have better luck splitting up the trip. So, I decided to work on Sunday night first since I figured that would be the easiest.

Went back in and changed the date to just Sunday night 10/25 and kept the star 3 and above and the price at $68. I guess I could've started the bidding at a lower price, but I'm still too antsy about getting a deal to dicker sometimes.

It clicked and clicked and clicked some more, and then ACCEPTED popped up. It was the Courtyard Marriott Tremont! That's awesome and kind of annoying because two months ago, we used 25,000 Marriott points to spend a night in this very hotel that I could have gotten for $68!

Anyway, it gave me the option of extending the stay at the same price before or after the check out date, but when it actually clicked through, it brought up a $191 price for Saturday night. No thank you.

So, I'm a bit on my way. Friday and Saturday still need booking. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

roaming_jane TJIT (travel Jedi in training)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad you're happy with the results for this leg of your stay.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nites of your stay so we can eventually reflect the hotel received for that leg of your stay in the newly crated topic, just as we have done for this one (this will als enable each to have its own link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins)

In the new thread please also let us know your maximum budget for these other two nites of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this last nite of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]