Priceline Hotel: need hotel in NYC for honeymoon

krmcloud
By krmcloud,
in

i've never done this priceline thing before, but i've heard good stuff. my fiance and i decided that we want to go to NY for our honeymoon. we are on a budget, so we were just going to stay outside of the city and in a basic hotel. but we figure if we can bid on a 4 or 5 star hotel in a better area why not?! we will be traveling may 22, 2005 until may 27 or 28. so my questions are:

any suggestions on the best area of NY to stay in?

when should we bid?

any estimate of how much we should expect to pay?

many times on honeymoons hotels will upgrade your room if they have it available when you check in...do the hotels know how cheap you got your room? are they less willing to upgrade because of this? thank you!

kylee

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's a bit early to know exactly what prices will cost for your trip in May without you actually trying, but i would guess anywhere from $100-$160/nite for a 4* hotel (not much less for a 3*).

The above would be for the midtown areas (MTE, MTW, UM/CPS)... any of which i think would be fine. I would recommend you bid whenever your plans are firm. As far as how much to bid, let us know when you are ready, what your maximum bid is, and we'll suggest a strategy for your to follow.

There is also Jersey City NJ which offers convenient transportation into Manhattan, but you do lose the "NYC feel/buzz" by doing so. If the above is out of your price range, i would consider splitting your stay between NYC and Jersey City... but definately spend sometime in NYC so you actually get a feel for the city rather than just being a daily visitor.

Let us know how the above prices seem and if/when you are ready to bid. I'm local to the area so i can answer any question you may have as well.

Congratulation on your upcoming marriage.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]