Priceline Hotel: Resort Cancun - Cozumel (Cancun) Hilton

thesmart
By thesmart,
in

Hello.

I am planning to go to Cancun from 1/2/05 to 1/6/05.

From Hotwire, I am getting a 4* hotel at $82.

It has: Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Children's Activity Program, Tennis nearby, Business Center, and Laundry Facilities (self-service).

Do you have any idea of what hotel it would be?

I also checked vacation packages, and none of them exactly match the amenity list.

BTW, I also tried to bid through priceline, and up to $75 for resort was unsuccessful.

The current rates are: $131 for Sheraton, $164 for Westin, $165 for Hyatt Caribe, and $150 for Omni.

(around three weeks ago, Sharaton was $70, and Westin was $80, though--I didn't jump on it since the plan was not fixed back then.)

Any bidding suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks for reading this long question.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunatley this hotel has not been identified. In most areas this hotel would be easy to figure out, but this zone has so many resorts that most prorperties would likely fit the description.

If you decide to try it please enlighten the rest of us. If you choose to try Priceline again at a higher bid, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a gameplan to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* (or Resort) you have one re-bid zone available... if your not sure which one is your re-bid zone please ask us questions and/or confirm your re-bid zone with the board (rather then potentially make a mistake).

Select Resort

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70.

If rejected close that browser and

Select 4*

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80

The above may be a little lowball, but you have some time. If rejected post back and we'll update accordingly.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My attempt for Resort last night was not successful (up to $70).

(I forgot to mention in the last posting, but I wanted to bid only for Resort through Priceline.)

However, I have noticed that the rates of some hotels became lower.

(Hilton: 149 (1/2) and 127 (the rest), Omni: 143)

I also noticed that a 4.5* hotel rate at hotwire dropped from 143 to 102.

One minor thing is that priceline did not give the low-chance warning even when I bidded $60 last night.

(I had seen the warning when I had bidded $75 before.)

I think I will use the same strategy for a couple of more times...?

Thanks.

Is this a Resort class hotel or 4*... and the dates were 1/2-1/6?

You sound a bit disappointed in this but i don't think you should be... rates thru their website are $149/nite and the REVIEWS are excellent.

Even with the strategy i suggested above the maximum i suggested at this time was $80 and even that i thought was a little 'low-balling' it... so i think this is an excellent win at a great price.

Please confirm the dates and hotel class.

(i'll also move this to the Priceline section of board once you reply)

Sorry for the incomplete information.

It was for a Resort, and the dates are 1/2--1/6.

I guess my previous posting was a little misleading; I am very happy to get the hotel!!

Based on the currently published rates, I thought that possiblilities were Hilton, Sheraton, and Omni.

Among them I wanted to get Hilton and am satisfied to get the room at a very good price.

(BTW, the rate becomes a little lower to $127 starting on 1/3 --- still, I got a great price!)

I read reviews about the Hilton, and the reviews are mostly very good.

By tripadvisor, it's top #5 place in cancun, and people liked the swimming pools, where I think I will stay for a good amount of time.

Thanks for your help, thereuare, and I will write a review after my stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]