NY Rochester Clarion Riverside Hotel Downtown

RadioFanatic
By RadioFanatic,
in

My hubby wrote this for tripadviser and I wanted to post it here as well.

I am stunned.

This morning as my wife was checking out, I went to the parking garage -- to my shock the passenger side window was smashed in. Shattered glass all over our car seats. I went down to the front desk to inform my wife and the clerk states "oh, so you are the ones" This was at 11AM -- they KNEW about this since 4AM -- even had the police come, but did not inform us. Our car was exposed with a shattered window for 7 hours with no notification.

We ask to speak to the manager who tells us "Sorry, we aren't responsible and this is downtown Rochester after all." She then stated what they do when "this happens" -- which is having the maid service vacuum the glass and put a garbage bag over the window. It seems this happens often. They kept trying to tell us it wasn

• 6 years later...

I also had my car window smashed while staying at the Clarion. It looks like a reasonably nice place from the outside, but the rooms are very worn and dated and in poor repair. The hotel was of absolutely no help with my car window. I would never, ever stay there again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]