Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Nwprt-Huntington Beach) Hyatt HB

farnorthtrader
By farnorthtrader,
in

Are there any priceline areas and star ratings 3+ that I am very likely to get a hotel on or near a beach, that you know of? We are in San Diego (Mission Valley) from April 13 to 18 (Priceline) and Anaheim April 20 to 27 (Hotwire), but I thought we might want to be at the beach for the 18 to 20th. Hotwire has some that they say are near the beach (not sure what that means), but they are mighty pricey.

If you bid 4 star in O.C., there's lots of free rebids. Start low- if the Hyatt Newporter has availability, it may come up around $58. Trying for Huntington without checking Hyatt.com first, you may overbid and end up at the Newporter. Still close to beach, but not walking distance and no view like Huntington.

Any other possibilities? Unfortunately, this zone seems to almost always be the Newporter (at least right now it would appear to be a choice of the two. The third one identified in the area has no rooms available for these dates). Still a very nice hotel apparently, but still means driving to the beach.

Anything from Los Angeles to San Diego would work for us.

The Newporter does have a shuttle that will take you to Balboa Island. From there you can take the ferry to the peninsula and the Fun Zone (cool if you have kids: ferris wheel, carousel, bumper cars, arcade). The beach is on the other side of peninsula-easy walk. Makes for a nice day, weather permitting.

Laguna Cliffs in Dana Point (3*) comes up around $50 sometimes. It overlooks the beach, close to harbor and restaurants. Doubletree Suites (3*) may come up, too- actually across from beach in D.P., but not as nice as the Marriott.

There's also the Long Beach Hyatt (4*), across from Rainbow Harbor and the Aquarium of the Pacific. Usually around $58, there's lots to do in the area.

Hope this helps.

Hyatt Huntington Beach has come up $69.

We were at the Hyatt Long Beach last night. Got a great view room on the 15th floor. No "attitude" there. I'll write a review later, when I have more time.

Good luck!

Awesome! Just booked the Hyatt Huntington Beach for two nights April 18 and 19. Looked at the area on Hotwire and it came up at $117/night, but still reluctant to bid based on differing areas between hotwire and priceline and didn't want to pay $117/night on Hotwire. I was looking at TOBB this morning and saw the same thing I am guessing Aldo did. It came up at $69 for April 19. Close enough to my two nights for me to take the gamble. Went to SavingsBarn.com link and bid $63 (in case I ended up with the Newporter because of the extra night, didn't want to overbid). Added a second zone and bid $69 and got it. Total cost $163.20, compared to $532.80 on website, a saving of 69%.

My wife is very impressed with me!

Thank you for all the advice and the great information.

Congratulations on your win! and thanks to aldo helping out and keeping an eye on this one for you. :)

Glad this worked out and you're happy with the results... sounds like your wife is happy too! (always a good thing) Certainly seems like an awesome deal.

A BIG THANK YOU as well for placing your bid thru the links at SavingsBarn.com... we do appreciate it.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]