Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Cape Cod (Hyannis-Yarmouth-Dennis Port) Ambassador Inn and Suites

mikeyjc
By mikeyjc,
in

Just booked this one a few minutes ago ...

Property info:

Ambassador Inn and Suites - South Yarmouth, MA

1314 Main Street, Route 28,

South Yarmouth, MA, 02664

Phone: (508) 394-4000

Amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Business Center

Financials:

Hotel rate per night: $72.00

Nights: 1

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $72.00

Tax recovery charges and fees: $13.15

Total price: $85.15

"Congratulations, you saved 15%" - :)

FYI, I noticed that the current HOTWIRE price for a 2.5* with the same amenities = $75 + tax.

I did click thru to HOTWIRE from this site.

Had hoped we'd perhaps get the much higher rated Days Inn ... rats.

This property (the former Quality Inn) has some not-so-good reviews on tripadvisor.com ... so, I don't feel that great about this win right now. But, we really only need just a place to crash that night (arrive late PM / leave early AM), and staying right in South Yarmouth (where my family members live) vs. Hyannis is a bit of a plus.

Had tried a couple of times over the past week to get a 3* property in the Hyannis area on PRICELINE, but failed even at up to $80 / night. Pretty tight weekend for lodging I guess when even the Hampton Inn wants $209 + tax.

Will try to remember to post at least a brief review of this place after we return home.

Whle not your first choice of property, it at least appears that this should work well for your plans and that you won't be at the hotel long anyway. And while being located near your family is plus, not having to stay with your family is probably a bigger plus :)

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and for sharing your results with the board, helping us add this porperty to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

And while being located near your family is plus, not having to stay with your family is probably a bigger plus :o
LOL good point!

I did take another look at the tripadvisor.com reviews, and the last 4 look pretty good ... although (caution!) all 4 of these were submitted by folks who have only submitted one review ... :)

And, the hotel website's homepage makes a big point about recent renovations ... "With our newly renovated hotel we guarantee comfort, quality, and satisfaction."

I will remain hopeful :)

• 3 weeks later...

All in all, not a bad stay at this property.

I had e-mailed the hotel shortly after I booked via Hotwire, and asked if they could please confirm a non-smoking room for me. I received an e-mail within 24 hours confirming my request.

We arrived at the hotel around 10PM and checked in - no worries, no mention of Hotwire. However, when I opened the door to the room, the smell of stale smoke nearly knocked me over. So, I walked back to the front desk and mentioned that Peter (manager?) had confirmed my request for a non-smoking room ... the clerk seemed a bit perplexed, kind of mumbled something about Hotwire, then said she had 1 non-smoking room left - but, the room had no windows. We took it.

Room 233 had an interesting layout, with 2 doors to the hallway (only one of which had the room # on it). Room had 2 double beds, a mini-fridge, a small round table with two side chairs, a small coffee maker, a dresser / TV stand, plus a full-sized ironing board and iron. The bed we slept in was not a high-end model, but it seemed fairly new and firm/comfortable enough. No odor of smoke, everything looked clean. Toilet and tub were in an EXTREMELY small bathroom, with the sink outside in the main room (have seen very similar layouts in other Cape properties). One-piece tub/shower unit seemed a bit tired. Mini-fridge made some noise, which I could have cured easliy by unplugging it. OK HVAC / ventilation in the room as well.

The pool area looked okay from the lobby, but we were too tired at night and rushed in the AM to check it out. The room came with breakfast, but we didn't eat there since we had breakfast plans with relatives - but, the food (waffles, primarily) smelled pretty good in the lobby area, and the cranberry juice I grabbed from the dispenser on the way out tasted fine.

We discovered upon our arrival on the Cape that we had timed our visit during the annual Yarmouth Seaside Festival, which may explain the high price @ the Hampton Inn and lack of success I had on Priceline in the area before opting to book via Hotwire.

Definitely okay for a brief overnight stay. Pleasantly surprised overall. Lower end of 2.5* rating seems warranted (I remember when Residence Inns merited 2.5* vs. 3* now; the Residence Inns I've stayed at seemed much nicer than the Ambassador).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]