avelling with children

flagg
By flagg,
in

Hi I have never used Priceline before so I am trying to find out as much about them as possible before using them. I am looking at booking a trip to Maui in February for myself, my wife, and our 2 children (5 & 8). From what I have read, if I use the name your own price it seems that Priceline will not/can not guarantee that I will get more than one bed regardless of how many people are in my party. I am trying to find out what people's experience is with this and whether this is a big risk and should be avoided.

Thanks

Welcome to the site.

It is a risk in any city. While you may get a hotel that is willing to work with you, the hotel does have the right to say no to two beds. It can also depend on availability and who you speak to. The "1 bed" issue is particularly high risk in some major cities (NY, Boston, DC), but it is a risk in general when using PRICELINE. If bedding (which generally means 2 beds, but can be 1 + sofabed) for 4 is needed, I'd recommended HOTWIRE, instead.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]