Priceline Hotel: Where to bid for hotel in Boston?

Dasboot
By Dasboot,
in

Greetings everyone. Newbie to the forum and appreciate all your help.

I am planning a family vacation to Boston. I have 2 little girls (4 and 2) and will be with my parents as well. We will be doing lots of family stuff and was wondering where the best area in Boston to bid for hotels? I have heard that parking is extremely expensive. We would like something with easy access to all the fun stuff and in a nice area. We are looking to spend $75 to $100 per night and will be staying Friday October 9th thru Monday October 12th.

Recommendations on area and star level would be very helpful.

Thanks

Be aware that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, so you could receive room(s) with only one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to change your room to one with two beds (or there may be an additional charge to do so). Is this an acceptable risk?

If not, you can use HOTWIRE which allows you to search for up to quad occupancy for each room and guarnatees sleeping accomodations for everyone you include in your search. The trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, but you know that there will be a place to sleep for everyone in your family.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The most frequently bid zones are the (Copley Square-Theatre District) and the (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial) zones. After that and/or if prices are high, users sometimes bid the (Waterfront-Convention Center) zone, and a new area is the (Boston Harbor Front - Aquarium) zone which has been getting bid too. Please take a look at these areas and let us know which would work well for your needs and that you're willing to bid... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That is the biggest question I have is where would people who know the area recommend staying? I have never been to Boston and don't know the area at all. I was hoping someone could suggest where to bid based on the following factors: 1. close to "tourist" activities 2. nice views 3. family friendly area (ie safe).

Just looked at rates for these dates and i'm guessing that $100 isn't going to be enough. However, if you want to give it a try you have FIVE re-bid zones at the 3.5* and 4* levels. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Copley....

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Quincy....

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley and Quincy....

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

If the above is rejected close browser, use our link to re-access PRICELINE, and repeat the above but at the 3.5* level.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]