Priceline Hotel: 3* Pittsburgh (Airport PIT) Courtyard

thepeanut
By thepeanut,
in

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a wonderful 4* hotel in the downtown Pittsburgh area for Oct 9-13, 2009, and so far I haven't had any luck.

I was impressed that pennstate22's winning priceline bid was able to get the Omni William Penn at $55 for 9/4/09-9/6/09.

I have started my bid at $50 and my last try was for $59.

So far I have put in this info for each bid...

Pittsburgh Downtown

4*

$50, $55, $56, $57, $58 and finally $59

When those didn't work, I changed some of my options and tried again with...

Pittsburgh Downtown

4*

3.5*

$50, $52, $53, and $57

Now I think I read somewhere that someone had added an area that didn't have any 4* hotels listed in it to try their bid again.

I guess there is no way for sure to know if all the 4* hotels are only located in the downtown area?

I mean I don't want to take the risk and add all the other areas, one by one on the list, only to end up in say West Mifflin - West Homestead or even the Cranberry township - places I don't wish to stay in.

I really would like to stay in the downtown area...as I would like to be able to walk to many attractions.

I can't afford to spend more than $60/night.

So, that's my story...what suggestions do people have?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can learn how to figure out which zones are 'safe' to add as a re-bid by following the techniquess in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Assuming you're new to this concept, it's highly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before implementing.

Rates are very high for these dates that i doubt a 4* for under $60 is going to be realistic (perhaps the Steelers have a home game this weekend?) What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can learn how to figure out which zones are 'safe' to add as a re-bid by following the techniquess in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Assuming you're new to this concept, it's highly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before implementing.

Thank you...I will look into this
Rates are very high for these dates that i doubt a 4* for under $60 is going to be realistic (perhaps the Steelers have a home game this weekend?) What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?
I actually researched this and neither team is playing at home that weekend (meaning hockey and football)
I've thought about this, but would prefer to stay in one place and not move around.

I am also going to send you a PM with some additional information thereuare

Thanks for replying

Even if there are no sporting events taking palce during this stay, something is happening in town, based upon the rates i'm seeing, and while you can certainly try bidding up to your $60 limit and using your re-bid zones, i would begin to consider what your next step is if/when you're not able to get a 4* hotel at $60 or under.

Have you figured out your re-bid zones based upon the information/thread above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oct. 10th is a Home Football game for the University of Pittsburgh vs. Connecticut at Heinz Field. That weekend is also Parents Weekend at Carnegie Mellon. It will be difficult to find a good cheap hotel Downtown or University area that weekend. Good Luck

Thanks so much for posting this travelfred.

I guess I am going to have to start over with my search.

Oh and thank you too thereuare for all of your help as well.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]