Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia Suburbs (West Chester-Concordville) Holiday Inn

wjcassidy
By wjcassidy,
in

Today I entered PRICELINE though this site. I bid 40.$ on a 2 1/2 star in the West Chester/Concordville zone 6. The only Priceline hotels in this category are Staybridge (Glen Mills)and Holiday Inn Express -(Concordville) I was hoping to get one of these as I have gotten both in the past and they are both great.

My dates are October 17-19

It surprised me that Priceline now has Holiday Inn (West Chester) as a 3 star because I have stayed at that hotel several times and at best it is a 2*, and always has been ranked as a 2*

At any rate, what Priceline did with my Bid for the 2 1/2 * was "upgrade" me to a supposed 3* the Holiday Inn ( West Chester)

I definitely feel that I have been duped. This does not seem right to me. 40$ is a good price, but I think I was definitely Downgraded to a 2*, NOT upgraded to a 3*. I would have preferred that PL not accept my bid!

Can they do this? Seems like dirty pool to me.

Any opinions?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in the outcome. The star rating you select is the minimum that you are willing to accept, so PRICELINE does have the ability (and will always try to) upgrade you to the next highest star rating.

If you feel 'duped' based upon the star rating of this property, then that is a different situation, and is a difficult 'argument' since star ratings are subjective. PRICELINE upgrades/downgrades hotels all the time, but apparently now based upon their criteria, they now deem this property worthy of 3 stars. Do you know if the property was recently renovated, refurbished, or had any other work done to it that would warrant the upgrade?

You can try contacting them and questioning their rating for this property, but it's going to be a tough arguement given that all three major online booking agencies, Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity all rate this property 3 stars. I'd guess that PRICELINE is simply bringing themselves more inline with the other agencies and 3* may not be too far off the mark.

If you do pursue it let us know if you make any headway.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Try to go with an open mind and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. I was just surprised at my outcome. It will be fine to stay there the price is really fantastic :) and it is closest to the University where I am visiting my daughter.

Please feel free to post my results on the calendar of wins. I will continue to use Priceline, half the fun is being surprised at what you get. I am pretty sure that Hotwire has this property for 54$.

It is rare to be dissapointed and it's really no big deal. The reason I use Priceline is to get the best price, and it almost always is really really good.

With the economy and a child in College that is my priority. I promise to have a great time in West Chester!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]