Priceline Hotel: 10/24-10/25 Downtown NYC

Lis
By Lis,
in

Thanks so much for this forum! There is great advice everywhere; just wanted some specific advice for an upcoming overnight.

My sister and I will be arriving in NYC on Sat 10/24 for a concert and will be checking out of the hotel on Sunday 10/25. Neither of us care at all on this trip about the star rating of the hotel as we will not be in the room except to sleep on Saturday night.

Basically, I'd like to find the cheapest room possible (under $120 -- is that even possible??) in Downtown/Soho, Chelsea or ESB. We would also be open to staying in MTE, MTW, TS, MSG or CPS and taking the subway to where our concert is, if we could get a lower rate in any of those areas.

I'd like to stress again, 2* or 2.5* is fine for our purposes on this trip.

Please let me know any thoughts on getting the best rate in our first or second choice areas. Cheers!

Basically, I'd like to find the cheapest room possible (under $120 -- is that even possible??) in Downtown/Soho, Chelsea or ESB. We would also be open to staying in MTE, MTW, TS, MSG or CPS and taking the subway to where our concert is, if we could get a lower rate in any of those areas.

I'd like to stress again, 2* or 2.5* is fine for our purposes on this trip.

So is your objective the least expensive hotel in any of the above zones OR did you first want to bid Downtown, Chelsea, and ESB up to your limit before trying the other zone?

Did you want to try for a 2.5* first and then, if rjected, a 2*... or are you looking for the least expensive 2* or better (i know you've stated your needs for this trip are low, but i'd recommend the higher star rating first)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. Our first objective would be to try to get a room in Downtown, Chelsea and ESB first, then moving onto the other zones if all bids were declined. I would also like to try for 2.5* first and then move to 2* if all other bids were rejected.

I would say priority would be:

Downtown, Chelsea, ESB 2.5*

MTE, MTW, TS, MSG or CPS 2.5*

Downtown, Chelsea, ESB 2*

MTE, MTW, TS, MSG or CPS 2*

I'd begin as follows:

Select 2.5* Downtown...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Chelsea...

Select 2.5* ESB...

Select 2.5* Downtown and Chelsea...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Downtown and ESB...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Downtown and Chelsea and ESB...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected we'll revise to include the 'alternate' zones at the 2.5* level.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]