Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA) Hyatt Regency

D-Rock
By D-Rock,
in

I bid up to $50 for only the night of 12/11/04 (using the free rebids). I have read on this board that Chicago has problems with Saturday Check-Ins.. Is that still the case?

If it is I could stay both Friday and Saturday nights (12/10/04 to 12/12/04.) Please advise with a bidding strategy for both options?

What zone are you bidding for? I assumed NMA since that is the most frequently bid and have replied accordingly, but please confirm if this is the zone you were bidding and if not let us know the correct zone.

Rates are higher than typical for these dates; as well, both the Sheraton and the Westin are sold-out (indicative of higher than usual demand).

While this could be a Saturday nite problem, i'd sooner consider raising my bid before adding a nite i really didn't need/want. If you'd like us to suggest a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll be happy to do so. If unsuccessful bidding just a bit higher, than i would try the 2 nite stay approach.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am bidding on the NMA area. I saw on the OTBB that someone won the Hyatt Regency for $52 for 12/10 to 12/12. I checked on Hotwire and what looks like the Hyatt Regency is $83/night. How much more would you suggest raising my bids before I bid for 2 nights?

- I would probably say that $75 would be the max. Please suggest a bidding strategy.

Just to make sure i advise based upon your needs... would there be any advantage to you staying one extra nite (this would help me guage how much more i'd be willing to pay (total) for a two nite stay vs. one nite stay).

When was the last time you bid this and did you use all of your re-bids at that time?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid earlier today. I selected NMA and bid $42 added lincoln park bid $45, added midway bid $48, added Skokie bid $50. Is that the max. free rebids?

- I am going to visit family so I can stay at their place on friday if necessary. How much of a difference do you think it will be cost wise between staying both nights versus just one? Do you think I could still get a 4* for around $52 if I bid for both nights?? How high would it take to get just Saturday night? I would say if its only $20 difference than I would do both nights. What do you think?

Your other questions are hard(er) to answer because you didn't go as high as what you had seen win for this date... if you had gone up to $52 and weren't successful then a lot more insight could be gained, but if $52 is the 'correct' number and you bid $50, we really can't learn too much from such a bid except that it isn't hgh enough.

Without knowing the answer to the $52 question, we can't say how high it will necessarily take, and that's why we supply bidding strategies.... systematic approaches to gradually increase your bid. We usually have a very good idea of where a bid would be accepted, but given that your bid stopped short of the $52 mark we can't offer any additional insight as to whether that is going to be the right amount or the next level is what it will take.

I went ahead and tried for 2 nights....12/10/04 to 12/12/04 and was successful at $45. Thanks for your help!

Hyatt Regency Chicago

151 East Wacker Drive

Chicago, Illinois 60601

312-565-1234

12/10-12/12

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $21.16

Total Charges: $111.16

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]