LoisW
By LoisW,
in

I need help in identifying a 4* hotel on Hotwire for $66 a nights

The amentities are:

4-star hotel in Puerto Vallarta

This hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Resorts offer a complete destination experience. Facilities generally include a spa or fitness center, one or more swimming pools, and superior dining options. Depending on location, recreational activities may include water sports, golf, tennis or skiing. Coastal resorts usually boast ocean views or beachfront access. Note: A resort fee may be charged.

Beachfront

Property is located on the beach.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Children's Activity Program

I need help in identifying a 4* hotel on Hotwire for $66 a nights

The amentities are:

Resort

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

For future posts please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier the quotebox above is to read than your original post above.

Please reply with the dates of this stay and we'll take a look.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm supposed to be meeting with somebody over the weekend who will be pulling the arhive for us... once that's done it should take 2 minutes, but the archive needs to be unpacked, and is better in his hands than in mine :)

So that's the long answer, the short answer is should be this weekend.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Help identify this 4* hotel in Puerto Vallarta:

$59 ... 5/9/10-5/15/10

Resort

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above is a match for both the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort and Towers and the Westin so either of these would be my best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and ow it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 4 months later...

Can you help identify this hotel. Dates 5/12/10-5/16/10

Resort

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

The above matches both the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort and Towers and the Westin... i'd favor this one more likely being the Sheraton, but either would still be among the possibilities.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Isn't the Westin listed in the Resort category and not 4*? I do not want to end up with the Sheraton Buganvilias so I was going to bid on a 'Resort' level category and hopefully get the Westin or Marriott.
PRICELINE and HOTWIRE use different rating systems... HOTWIRE uses the "resort" designation as an amenity icon (and still assigns a star rating to the hotel) whereas PRICELINE uses the "resort" designation as a star category itself (ranking it above 4* hotels and below 5* hotels) As the Sheraton is currently listed as a 4* hotel, you should be able to avoid it by bidding the Resort category on PRICELINE.

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Since I can purchase at room for 4 nights directly with the hotel for $119 a night, I was thinking of bidding about $80 to begin with on PRICELINE. Your suggestions? I don't think I want to go much higher then $90. I can actually get a room for $160 with breakfast each day for 4 days and only pay for 3 days. Which comes out to $120 a night for 4 nights.

When bidding Resort in this area you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With time on your side i would star low and bid as follows:

Select Resort Puerto Vallarta

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected i'd wait 24 hours and try again with $65 and $70. Proceed to continue to increase each bid by $10 (ie - $75 and $80, $85 and $90, etc, etc) every 24 hours until you reach your limit.

Any questions freel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

When bidding Resort in this area you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With time on your side i would star low and bid as follows:

Select Resort Puerto Vallarta

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected i'd wait 24 hours and try again with $65 and $70. Proceed to continue to increase each bid by $10 (ie - $75 and $80, $85 and $90, etc, etc) every 24 hours until you reach your limit.

Any questions freel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you. I'll try that stategy. I don't see a 'resort' hotel when I enter all areas of Puerto Vallarta on Priceline which surprises me since there are so many hotels in the Puerto Nuevo area. I would have thought some of them would be listed as Resorts. I'm a little nervous about doing to re-bidding with adding a zone because I do not want to stay in that area.

Thank you. I'll try that strategy. I don't see a 'resort' hotel when I enter all areas of Puerto Vallarta on PRICELINE which surprises me since there are so many hotels in the Puerto Nuevo area. I would have thought some of them would be listed as Resorts. I'm a little nervous about doing to re-bidding with adding a zone because I do not want to stay in that area.

If you go to PRICELINE (the bidding side... not the retail side) and place a checkmark next to Nuevo Puerto Vallarta, what is the highest rated hotel offered?

If you UNCHECK Nuevo Puerto Vallarta and then checkmark Puerto Vallarta (so that only Puerto Vallarta is selected) what is the highest rated hotel offered in this zone?

So just to be clear... if you add Nuevo Puerto Vallarta to your "resort" bid you can't win a hotel there since they only contain hotels which are lower rated than the star level ('resort') which you select.

If you're not comfortable using re-bidding then you shouldn't use it, but if you do opt to use this strategy, be sure to doublecheck the highest star rating available in Nuevo Puerto Vallarta before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links... good luck and let us know how it goes.

So just to be clear... if you add Nuevo Puerto Vallarta to your "resort" bid you can't win a hotel there since they only contain hotels which are lower rated than the star level ('resort') which you select.

If you're not comfortable using re-bidding then you shouldn't use it, but if you do opt to use this strategy, be sure to doublecheck the highest star rating available in Nuevo Puerto Vallarta before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links... good luck and let us know how it goes.

I bid $55 for just Puerto Vallarta area RESORT. it now say I can increase by $15 and bid again without changing my zone or dates. I have never seen that before. Not sure I want to just up $15 at a time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]