Hotwire Hotel: Cambridge, Ma 10/23-25, 2009

Rhine-and-Roses
By Rhine-and-Roses,
in

Yet another set of friends are looking for a Cambridge hotel for this weekend. (I will really stress using the link on this site!) Can we identify this Hotwire hotel? No smoking, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, HSIA, spa

Last poster thought Royal Sonesta was the only Cambridge 4* with a pool, but it looks like there are several. 4/5 Trip Advisor ratings, but does not say out of how many, which makes it hard for me to id...

There are a few 4* hotels in this zone, but the Royal Sonesta is the only one so far reported wtih this amenity combination, so that would be my best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Royal Sonesta was at $159 when we looked, went away, then up to over $200. Hyatt was unavailable, now showing again at $219. Holiday Inn (they say Cambridge, but I think it is really in Somerville- right by the Target in Somerville) is $156.

It is Harvard Parent weekend, plus the Harvard-Princeton football game. We didn't know about the football game or everyone would have looked earlier.

I used your links to book my $90 room at Le Meridien. I am very happy that I purchased this early! (Stayed there in August too, and was happy.)

I will continue to stress using these links, however they are doing the actual purchasing.

It is Harvard Parent weekend, plus the Harvard-Princeton football game. We didn't know about the football game or everyone would have looked earlier.

Unless parents are holding multiple reservations at different properties, this doesn't sound like a scenario where hotels will be getting a surge of last mintue cancellations (more likely the opposite as some parents may be able to make the trip at the last minite or not realized how difficult it could be to get a room).

If there are less expensive Downtown areas, and that works equally well for their needs, i would try to guide them in that direction.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]