Priceline Hotel: Las vegas weekend Jan 21 to 23

fshwilli
By fshwilli,
in

I am trying to get a good rate for this weekend. We are attending a wedding and this is a Friday Saturday night stay. I have looked at some of the consolidator web sites and even The Tropicana is coming up at $130 a night. We have stayed here (for $45) and would not like to pay that kind of money. I would like a deal on a 4 or 5 star. What do you think realistically I should bid on Priceline or get on Hotwire for this weekend? Help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It would help a lot if you gave us some sort of idea of your budget and requirements. $45 on the strip for a 4* or 5* property is a tough call for a weekend stay.

Do you need to be on the strip and/or centrally located?

I'd imagine your cheapest deals would be at properties such as the Riviera, Imperial Palace, Holiday Inn Boardwalk, etc... but these are a far cry from 4* or 5* properties (as is the Tropicana).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am hoping that I could stay on the strip area for about $100 - $125 per night. I would of course like to get something nice. Having stayed in the Garden Rooms at the Tropicana (some deal a friend got for $45 per night) I am not thrilled about paying $125 per night for that hotel! I was thinking of trying Priceline or Hotwire but need some help in what to bid and what hotels to expect.

If you hadn't seen it, i'm not a big fan of the opaque service in Vegas (except when bidding at the 5* level) as better deals can often be had elsewhere. Here is the thread that discusses my thoughts in more detail: PRICELINE LAS VEGAS.

For your dates there are quite a few hotels at the $150/nite range (Bally's, Luxor, Flamingo a bit cheaper but also a bit lower rated... although it has a great pool and represents good value on the strip) while Hotwire's best 4* offering was at $158.

When bidding on Priceline the Westin represents a less desirable 'wild-card' as it's just a bit off the strip and the reviews have been mixed, so to try Priceline you have to be willing to accept this property among the mix. If successful with Priceline you're more likely to be at the high end of your range than the low end, and after including Priceline's booking fee, is it worth the savings over the above hotel-direct purchases? (the answer to this will be different for everyone)

If you'd still like to try Priceline let us know and we'll outline a bidding strategy for you to follow, but i felt i should provide my own opinion above before going forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I would like a stratergy on Priceline please. I did try $100 for 5* (clutching at straws!!) but of course it got rejected. Do you think it would be better to wait till closer to the date or does it not really matter?? We have been offered a time share option at The Fairfield Grand Desert for $100 per night and wonder whether we should just go for that, or whether something nicer might come along on Priceline?? What do you think?

I would think you'd have many more options if you wanted to stay off the strip... but i thought you wanted to be on the strip?

I think you need to consider what type of vacation you are looking for. Are you going to Vegas to gamble, see the sights, hotel-hop, and be in Vegas... or are you just looking to go away and be some place 'nice'?

How high are you willing to go on Priceline... as this will ultimately determine the strategy.

We have been to Vegas many times and this time we are really just going for a wedding and really no gambling time! I would like to stay on the strip at a nice hotel but for a reasonable price (can they be had anymore??). I know that Fairfield Grand Resort (says 4* and has been offered at $100 per night) is off the strip----do you think $100 per night can be beaten on Priceline for a comparitve 4* hotel? We will be driving there so although it would be wonderful to be on the strip we do have transport. Looking at some of the star ratings with Tropicana being a 3* I would like to be 4* minimum!!! Am I too early to get a deal on Priceline and Hotwire??

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]