the risk of bidding

thais fernandes
By thais fernandes,
in

:)

I got a 4* hotel in Paris with Priceline somedays ago. That was the first time I used and I must say that I'm not I did the right thing. Maybe it's me, because I new in this business and I'm not a good player, maybe the system doesn't work well for Paris.

The price I got (US$ 145) seems to be OK (the hotel was a Sofitel, now it is Pullman Paris Rive Gauche), as long as Paris is a pretty expensive town. However, the city zones are so large that you can not be sure of where exactly you are going to stay.

My hotel is veery far (almost in Peripherique). Thanks God at least I will be able to take the metro. but I guess I would better stay the middle of the town.

Is there any way I can narrow the area? I don't think so.

Is there any way to know the hotels I'm bidding with? Are they the same hotel Priceline shows (with the high daily rates)?

As I said, I'm a beginner.

Thanks for any advice.

Was this for your Paris Hotel stay? Please follow-up your post on the board with your results.

What did you end up doing for your Hotwire New York stay? Please follow-up that thread as well.

Add a reply to this thread once you have followed-up your threads above and we'll comment accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I like to make a suggestion to our administrator, theruare.

In the hotel list, I like to suggest identifying remarks on hotels, so that we can tell:

1. there is a dog with over-rated star rating or one particular hotel way-out distance in the normal zone area with rest of hotel, but same star rating.

For example, Hotwire Hartford Windsor Airport in Connecticut, the 3* rated hotels has a dog - Holiday Inn Express East Windsor. The Tripadvisor has numerous reports indicating this franchise is a dog.

2. outside distance zone, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the Best Western Tria is over rated 3 star, difficult to get around by subway. So that would not be a good choice in this zone, distance wise.

In Boston Airport - we have Four Points Logan International Airport, 3*, but actually in Revere, MA. going away direction from Boston Logan airport to Metro.

3. Particularly bad areas with safety concerns.

So, that we can use the betterbidding hotel list for easy method to identify or avoid re-bid zone.

Obviously, there are pro and con for each person's taste and requirements. That is why we solicit typical objective reviews like Tripadvisor.

Thanks for the suggestion(s)...

There will be some changes coming which will help with all of the above, although i don't think we'll be adding comments directly next to hotels as everyone's needs are different and have different tastes. One person may hate a hotel, while another user finds it perfectly acceptable for the price paid, another considers it inconvenient while another claims the walk to the subway 'is not that bad'. Better to have that information accessible so users can draw their own conclusions rather than paint the picutre as black or white, as more often than not, the true color is grey.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]