Bid Assist: FNT to LAX 12/30/04 to 01/02/2005

Swingkat75
By Swingkat75,
in

I've search high and low and cannot find a price below $474 (US Air). I'm trying to spend <$250/ticket. (need 2 rt tickets, Priceline denied us at $225/ticket). I have found some reasonable prices flying into Las Vegas or PHX, but would rather fly direct if at all possible. We are a bit flexible with dates. Could leave as early as 12/29 but no later than 12/31.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Looking at Sidestep, Travelocity (fare finder), and America West (from DTW), It looks like you will have a tough time going below the $474 you have already found at US Air for the dates you want.. Because it is in that peak travel period during the holidays, there isn't any break in the prices. ATA and Airtrans both have available seats at fares under $300 FNT-LAX, but either leaving earlier than you want and staying there until at least Jan 4, 2005 when the prices fall again.

Good luck on your trip and to Michigan too. :)

This is an America West fare I found. Hope it helps.

Depart Flight # From

To Arrive Details

10:45am Tue, Dec 28 281

Detroit, MI Airbus A320

Phoenix, AZ On Time:90-100% 1:18pm Tue, Dec 28 Meal: Buy on Board Class: Coach

2:21pm Tue, Dec 28 29

Phoenix, AZ Airbus A320

Los Angeles, CA On Time:90-100% 2:50pm Tue, Dec 28 Meal: None Class: Coach

3:50pm Wed, Jan 05 239 Stops: 1

Los Angeles, CA Airbus A320

Detroit, MI On Time:90-100% 12:52am Thu, Jan 06 Meal: None Class: Coach Stops: PHX

Flight arrives the next day.

Fare Summary (for 1 Passenger)

Fare $344.00

September 11th Security Fee, taxes and fees $33.40

Grand Total View Details USD $377.40

Sidestep does include Southwest with their listings, but I think you still have to go to Southwests site to verify that the fare is still available and to book the flight.

I have found Southwest is not really cheaper than other carriers 9 out of 10 times. ATA (via CHI) and Airtrans (via ATL) have fairly good records and may give you more options when making your decision.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]